PDA

View Full Version : Outback 268RL External Ladder

Nevada Camper
08-09-2011, 12:31 PM
I need to place a permanent or removable ladder on my 268RL. Has anyone done this to this model?

My wife doesn't want the rear picture window blocked, so possibly a detachable ladder if located there?

thanks!

Festus2
08-09-2011, 01:31 PM
I always carry a 6' aluminium ladder with me and attach it with bungies to the RV ladder and is very secure. The ladder rests on a ladder mount which can be purchased at most RV dealers. It doesn't restrict our view out the large rear window and is mounted in such a way as not to interfere with any of the rear lights.

Nevada Camper
08-09-2011, 01:47 PM
Thanks, but I don't have an RV ladder. That was my question, where/how to attach one to this model.

SLIMSHADIE
08-09-2011, 07:54 PM
My Laredo did not come with one either. So I checked locally and they where telling me if it did not come with one, don't install one. I didn't believe them so I called Keystone, no support on the back wall for one.
So for Xmas I asked for one of those Werner MT-13 telescoping multi ladders.
It's an 3-5' step ladder then converts to a 13' straight ladder. I like it, but it's heavier than I thought and kind of bulky. So I store it on the bed while traveling and seems to work even traveling 2000 miles. I use a step ladder for lights and to check the slide for debris and have the opportunity to use it as a extension ladder if need be, 2 for 1. I believe they where only $75? At lowes and home depot.

jq1031
08-10-2011, 05:26 AM
I checked with Keystone regarding a ladder installation & was told that the back wall will not support the weight of a person on a ladder.

Bob Landry
08-10-2011, 05:52 AM
Some of the Keystones are internally braced for a rear ladder. The Outback claims to be via the brocure, I don't know about the other models. Unless you are just lucky enought to fasten into the vertical supports, you are just screwing into 1/4 plywood. I would not do it with the number of quality collapsable and folding ladders on the market.