PDA

View Full Version : Profile levels

Flyguy
08-09-2011, 09:28 AM
What's the difference in all these 5ver profile levels? I have seen mid profile and high profile, ours does not say any profile so does that mean it's a low profile? And if it is does that mean that we travel incognito when we camp? I just thought I would ask.:rolleyes:

Festus2
08-09-2011, 09:47 AM
My guess is that it could refer to the height of the various 5th wheel models. There is a range from approximately 12'11" to 11'8" --- depending upon the model. Perhaps the short ones are low profile while the tall ones are high profile ????
However, I am sure that there is a much more sophisticated answer than this for your question. Try asking one of the Keystone design engineers. They would know for sure.
Pretty tough to travel incognito when you are almost 12' tall!

JRTJH
08-09-2011, 11:18 AM
A very simple answer is: If you can walk in your bedroom, it's a high profile. If you have to lean over (considerably) and duck to get in bed, it's a low profile.

I'm not sure where the 249 fits... Most of the Springdale "high profile" trailers are 11'11" (as is the current 249) to accommodate the front elevated bath and offer more headroom in the bedroom. The Springdale "low profile" trailers are 11'4" and have 2 steps from the main floor to the bedroom entry (bath is either rear or side on the main floor) and then another step up toward the sides of the bed. It's a "crawl in" bedroom, significantly higher than a PU camper cabover, but not as much headroom as the larger "high profile" fifth wheels.

I think I measured ours at 58" of headroom on the sides of the bed and 72" in the bedroom entrance.

hankpage
08-09-2011, 12:27 PM
A very simple answer is: If you can walk in your bedroom, it's a high profile. If you have to lean over (considerably) and duck to get in bed, it's a low profile.

That about says it .... High profile = walk around bed ... Mid profile = bent over around bed ..... low profile = crawl into bed and don't get up fast :rolleyes: (I had one of those)

Flyguy
08-09-2011, 04:59 PM
Well it's not a high profile type because I can't stand up straight alongside the bed without hitting the ceiling. It's not so bad that we have to crawl into the bed so I guess I'll have to call it a mid profile 5ver. I had been thinking along the lines of finish trim level but what y'all (that's down South talk for all of you) have said makes sense, I just never have thought of it that way!

KanTC
08-09-2011, 06:53 PM
Our previous Keystone was a high-profile. 12'-10" exterior; 6'-3" height at the full front closet.
No step-up anywhere in the bedroom.

Our Laredo is considered mid-profile. 12'-4" exterior; and bedside step-up to less than 6' height at the side wardrobes.
I can stand upright at the wardrobes (with room to spare)... then again, I'm only 5'-3".

signed, Terri... the one who needs a folding step-stool to see into the upper galley cabinets! :o :)

PS... Flyguy, I'd never really thought about it in terms of 'trim level'... but ya know, you do make a good point.
Obviously there's going to be some 'over-lap' in categories, but full-sized (high-profile) 5th wheels do tend to have
higher 'trim levels' (more bells & whistles), and also higher-priced. Would seem there is possibly some correlation :thumbsup: