PDA

View Full Version : Problem with outside stove on Laredo 303TG

lescarp2
08-02-2011, 07:06 PM
We've had our 2011 Laredo 303TG out for 7 camping trips. The left (large) burner on the stove for the outside kitchen is no longer off when the knob is in the off position. If I turn the knob to the right past the labeled off position, it will turn off the propane to the burner but the "off" position keeps changing every time I use the stove. When using both burners at the same time, the control knobs get so hot I can't touch them unless I use a hot pad. It seems that heat is transfering from the pots, pans, griddle, or whatever is on the burners to the control knobs and I wonder if that is warping the control and changing the on/off position of the control. Anyone else have this problem or have suggestions on what to do about it?

Festus2
08-02-2011, 07:46 PM
Several other members have similar concerns and you can find their posts by doing a forum search. Type in "outside stove" and you will find numerous posts about the exterior stove --- some of which talk about the same problem that you are having.

DEW
08-06-2011, 02:59 PM
We've had our 2011 Laredo 303TG out for 7 camping trips. The left (large) burner on the stove for the outside kitchen is no longer off when the knob is in the off position. If I turn the knob to the right past the labeled off position, it will turn off the propane to the burner but the "off" position keeps changing every time I use the stove. When using both burners at the same time, the control knobs get so hot I can't touch them unless I use a hot pad. It seems that heat is transfering from the pots, pans, griddle, or whatever is on the burners to the control knobs and I wonder if that is warping the control and changing the on/off position of the control. Anyone else have this problem or have suggestions on what to do about it?

I just got back from 2 weeks of using my 291TG and have similar issues. I actually had the one knob melt and now use a adjustable wrench to turn the 'post' that the knob used to be on.
Thanks for the idea to look for similar issues in the forum...