PDA

View Full Version : Jensen System I POD connect?

Outbackmel
08-01-2011, 02:41 PM
I am having trouble connecting my I POD through the Jensen on my 2011 Outback 5er...any suggestions? The DVD player works great. Have not tried to connect my PC. Have a lot of "stuff"; pics and videos, on the Apple I POD that would look great on the BIG screen on a rainy day.

hankpage
08-01-2011, 03:52 PM
I connect my mp3 player directly to the tv with RCA video jacks to view photos or videos but use AUX. input on rear of stereo with a dock for music only. My Blue Ray player does not have the right inputs. It is really hard "ROUGHING IT" in these trailers. Thank goodness the beer stays cold. Cheers, Hank

ktmracer
08-01-2011, 04:47 PM
jensen makes a Ipod cable for a jack on the back of the Jensen. However, reading the manual, it will not control a Ipod touch or Iphone, just older Ipod's. you can play stuff via the Ipod by selecting song on the Ipod.

Outbackmel
08-01-2011, 08:05 PM
Tnx. I will head to RV World of GA tomorrow and follow your suggestion.
Somehow, I just knew this was not going to be a "plug and play" after messing with it for 30 minutes ! Should have been in the " accessories " bz. Seems like every darn thing takes some sort of extra cable; chip or memory and the 1,000 I have in a box never fit. :(

cdevill
08-02-2011, 06:10 AM
I don't have any trouble running my ipod 3rd gen but I did have an issue connecting at first. The cable for the ipod had fallen down the hole in behind the unit, I had to pull the unit out and then hook my adapter cable to it then poke that out up through the hole. So even if some folks don't see the cable it is in there... somewhere...

Txoutback
08-02-2011, 07:59 AM
My DW connects hers to the Jenson with no problem and it displays info on the TV when in use. I don't know what she does but I think she uses her own cable and she has never complained so I guess it's easy to do. I'll ask her when I get home.

Mij
08-09-2011, 06:48 PM
I didn't realize that u could incorporate the tv with the Ipod. I went to Walmart and picked up a earphone cord with 2 male ends and pluged in to the Aux in on the Jensen to play music. Have to experiment tomorrow:thumbsup:

Johnnyfry
08-09-2011, 08:05 PM
I use the aux 2 jack on the front of the stereo. It is right next to the headphone jack. You will need a cable with a 3.5 mm stereo plug on both ends. Available at any stereo shop or Radio Shack. Works fine for me but it will not charge the iPod when you are using it.

John

WaitingToRetire
08-23-2011, 06:55 PM
I didn't realize that u could incorporate the tv with the Ipod. I went to Walmart and picked up a earphone cord with 2 male ends and pluged in to the Aux in on the Jensen to play music. Have to experiment tomorrow:thumbsup:

Did it work? My Jensen radio says "Aux A/V In" right on the front panel. I just always assumed that it took a diff't cable. You know - the standard audio cable that has been around for decades has a left & right channel portion, I just assumed to get the video part of the "A/V In" it took a newer 3-part cord/connector.

So does anyone know or did anyone get it to work?

Chad

Tikitim
09-15-2011, 09:01 PM
What am I doing wrong that I can't get my Apple Ipod touch or mini to work through the system? I tried a usb memory stik and there is no problem. Is unit compatible with I-pod?

Thanks

cdevill
09-16-2011, 04:30 AM
I have an ipod 3rd Gen and it works just fine, plugs right in and starts up. Are you using your ipod/USB data cable or did you get the adapter that plugs into the ipod interface cable that is connected to the back of the Jensen?

cdevill
09-16-2011, 04:34 AM
This is the cable that I got from Amazon. It plugs into the ipod interface cable on the back of the Jensen. I couldn't see the cable on the back of mine because it is too short and almost wouldn't amke it out of the access so I ahd to actually pull the Jensen unit out and then plugged it in and fed it through. You can't use the USB port on the front of the Jensen for the ipod.

http://www.amazon.com/Jensen-Marine-JIPDCBL12-Interface-Cable/dp/B001JBWA7K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316176318&sr=8-1

Outbackmel
09-16-2011, 07:45 AM
Another $25 cable! Don't you just HATE that:( What a bunch of, well, you know. I messed with mine for 2 hours before I called my tech savy S-I-L and he told me the sad news!

I am about to order a cable. UGGGGGHHHHHHHHH !! :rolleyes:

SteveC7010
09-16-2011, 08:12 AM
Another $25 cable!

Look around Amazon a bit. I found the identical cable from another supplier for $14.99.

cdevill
09-16-2011, 08:59 AM
Mine was cheaper than that, I got it last year, I was just pointing out the cable if that was what you needed.

wozzukes
09-16-2011, 09:20 AM
Or you could spend less than 2 bucks and just use one of these plugged into the front....

http://www.amazon.com/Cables-Unlimited-AUD-1100-06-6-Feet-Stereo/dp/B000SE6IV8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316193530&sr=8-1

That's how I connect my phone to it. Of course you can't use the remote to control playback but I could really care less about that.

BadmanRick
09-19-2011, 11:28 AM
Some models of the Jensen AWM970 are compatable with Ipods. You need to go to the http://www.jensenrvdirect.com pull up the compatability List under the manuals and guides. I have an Iphone and None of the AWM970 stereos are compatable with it. I had to upgrade to the New AWM975 with the Iphone/Ipod cable Product #: JDABIPDL
and now it works great. The iphone display's on the tv also. The new AWM975 also has weather band and HDMI output for the TV, Big improvement.

I have a New AWM970 for sale if anyone is interested, send me a Private message.

CACougar
09-25-2011, 09:15 AM
I fought this battle and quickly learned the sale guys know very little about this stuff as he told me I can plug and play. I bought the interface cable from Jensen that is compatible with my 1st/3rd gen touch $25. It plugs in behind the Jensen head unit, then turning on the TV choosing the correct input you are able to navigate thru the device to play your music. The cable does not support charging and the commands are minimal as it is driven thru the Jensen head unit not thru Apples menu.
I works fairly well.

kimanderson98642
09-26-2011, 12:47 PM
Talking to the people from Jensen it takes a JIPDCBL12 I Pod adapter Cable if you have the AWM970IP unit and it hooks to the back of the radio. If you have the AWM975 the you need the JDABIPDL I Pod adapter cable.

Handysam
09-26-2011, 03:14 PM
I have to go with wozzukes, a simple rca mini plugged in the front aux. jack with your favorite playlist going is the easiest and cheapest.