PDA

View Full Version : bad converter?

ewk21221
07-30-2011, 07:10 AM
bad converter ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Electrical question...............
Is it possible for the converter to be bad and only power half of my fifth wheel?
This morning I had a few lights and TV and A/C on and went to use microwave. TV and microwave tripped off....(I thought) but no circuit breakers were tripped. I have no power to either TV, and no power to microwave. All lights seem to work, A/C works, 'fridge works. Its as if I only half my camper has power. I have a keystone Fuzion toyhauler 50 amp. I,m thinking my converter is the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Eric

hankpage
07-30-2011, 08:11 AM
Try reseting the CG breaker. It seems like you have lost one of the legs. If this does not work try turning off all trailer breakers and turning back on. JM2¢, Hank

ewk21221
07-30-2011, 10:39 AM
No breakers were tripped...............but I turned off all breakers in fuse panel anyway, waited about 30 seconds and turned them all back on. Still have same thing as before. No power to TV's and no power to microwave. What is the CG breaker that you said to reset?

gepaine
07-30-2011, 10:39 AM
The converter takes in 120 volts AC and outputs 12 volts DC to power your DC items (lights, fans, etc.) and to charge your battery. I don't believe it has anything to do with powering your 120 volt AC appliances (air conditioner, tv, microwave, etc.). So I doubt the converter is your problem. (I like the speculation that it is one of your two CG breakers that has popped.)

hankpage
07-30-2011, 10:55 AM
No breakers were tripped...............but I turned off all breakers in fuse panel anyway, waited about 30 seconds and turned them all back on. Still have same thing as before. No power to TV's and no power to microwave. What is the CG breaker that you said to reset?

The CG (Camp Ground) breakers are on the pole you plugged into. One of them is most likely tripped. Giving power to only half your trailer. Even if it does not look tripped ... turn completely off than back on. This will most likely solve your problem.

ewk21221
07-31-2011, 02:13 PM
It was the campground breaker...............Thanks to all
Eric