PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Sprinter Slides

Gary A. Zick
07-26-2011, 01:18 PM
I never really got any responses on my first posting---will try again. I have a 2009 Sprinter 300KBS that I am having some slide problems with. Both slides go out very well and as soon as I press the switch, the problem is bringing them back in. When I press the "in" on the switch, it will sometime take several attempts to get them in. On occasion I've even had to jump the switch to make them operate. I've disconnected the wires at the motor to see if they were corrodes, but no joy. Could it possibly be a bad switch or is the problem more likely with the motor? Has anyone else had a similar problem?

therink
07-26-2011, 03:37 PM
Hi
I haven't had a problem like you described with my slides, but have 3 troubleshooting questions:
1) are you hooked to shore power or tow vehicle when activating slide motors? If not could be weak RV battery.
2) when you bypass switches with jump wire, do the slides come in OK? If yes, could indicate bad switches.
3) when engaging motors to bring slides in do you hear the ratcheting sound of the clutch? If so, could indicate slide out of adjustment and binding.

I can't offer much more help than this, but hope this helps.
Steve