PDA

View Full Version : A-frame breaker wiring

sody
07-24-2011, 11:53 AM
I have a 2007 Cougar 268RLS. It has 2 breakers located on the inside of the A-frame just behind the propane tanks. In replacing the upper breaker, I took it off and took it to the Rv store intending to replace it immediately. Something came up and I didn't get back to it and now can't remember the wiring protocol.
There is a large black wire and a small black wire coming from under the trailer, a short jumper, and the cable from the battery. Can someone help me? If I could remember where I put the digital camera, I would have taken a pic before I took it apart. :bfart: Thanks in advance.

chuck&gail
07-24-2011, 04:57 PM
On my Outback there are two breakers. The battery cable goes to the first one (15 amp?). Output of that breaker goes to wire that goes into a box on the frame and then to the TV interconnect cord.

There is a short heavy (8g?) jumper from the input (battery) side of the first breaker to the input of the second breaker. The output of the second breaker (40 amp) goes to a heavy wire connecting to the converter.

Hope that helps.

sody
07-24-2011, 05:18 PM
Chuck,
Thanks much for your response. I had gone back out and wired it using my tired brain and Swedish logic, and it turned out it was just as you said yours is. I can rest easy tonight thanks to you verifying what I had done. And I also didn't know where the wires went from the outputs, so I'm a little smarter for that. Thanks again and have great one.