PDA

View Full Version : retirement day one

Bankerbob
07-20-2011, 05:03 AM
Well, retirement is here and day one on the road with our Outback RLS27 was uneventful. Gas mileage pulling the unit with the quad in the back with my 350 Ford diesel was impressive. Looking forward to the next 9 months travelling Canada and the US. Will check back on this site when we get where there is wireless service. Going to be a combination of boondocking and full service sites. No timetable so that alone will take some getting used to! Should be a hoot!

hankpage
07-20-2011, 05:24 AM
Well, retirement is here and day one on the road with our Outback RLS27 was uneventful. Gas mileage pulling the unit with the quad in the back with my 350 Ford diesel was impressive. Looking forward to the next 9 months travelling Canada and the US. Will check back on this site when we get where there is wireless service. Going to be a combination of boondocking and full service sites. No timetable so that alone will take some getting used to! Should be a hoot!

Does this mean you will be changing you user name to "RetiredBob"? :thumbsup: I'm jealous. Enjoy, Hank

JRTJH
07-20-2011, 05:48 AM
We made that "plunge" 2 years ago. I was afraid of what the future (without employment) could bring, but optimistic with the opportunity to finally do what I wanted as opposed to what the schedule demanded.... It seems I've been so busy I sometimes wonder how I ever had 8 hours a day to work ???? LOL

Short assessment of the past 2 years: It's been wonderful !!!!

Advice: Look forward, don't worry about looking back, life is good and whatever problems do arise will seem like small "roadbumps" in a year. Enjoy your retirement, IT's GONNA BE GREAT !!!!!

John

jramsey
07-20-2011, 01:13 PM
Congratulations Bankerbob! I hope you and yours have many years of safe and happy travleing!