PDA

View Full Version : 09 Passport

Bengalsfans
08-23-2009, 05:11 PM
Just new to this forum,as I have just bought a new Passport. From what I've read in past forums, most of you are saying thank Keystone campers are'nt really very good campers. Will I be disappointed or have problems with this camper?

GO BENGALS !!!!!!!!!! :(

Flyguy
08-23-2009, 07:34 PM
Don't be putoff by any negative comments, I have had my Passport for 2 years now and there have been no problems outside of normal maintenance. It would have been better if you had done a PDI (pre delivery inspection) before you bought the trailer to be certain that there were no problems, and if you found any to expect the dealer to correct them. If you do have any problems, post them and let our members weigh in on them, and BTW welcome to the forum.

hankpage
08-24-2009, 01:18 PM
They say the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Don't be discouraged by negative posts. Most Keystone owners love their trailers. It's just that people are more likely to post a complaint than a compliment. And rightly so, This is the place to find out how others have solved similar problems if you have any. I'm sure you will enjoy your 09 Passport ...... Good luck and welcome, Hank

Chessie
08-24-2009, 06:23 PM
I have a '09 245RB Passport; purchased in January. No real problems so far other than the light on the outside front of the TT does not work. The TT appears to have been well constructed with attention to interior detail. I took care of some small things, such as loose screws, glued wood that had separated in the slide out stove cutout and the front storage compartment at the door opening.

You may want to check under the wheel wells to see if there is exposed wood at the bottom of the side wall. If so, you may want to seal that so that water does not damage the wood over time. Also if the membrane sealing the bottom extends beyond the base of rear wall, rain water may build up above the membrane. You could just use caulk and seal where the membrane meets the bottom of the rear wall. (My RV dealer seals this as part of prep for new Passports. They also seal the exposed wheel well wood.)