PDA

View Full Version : Gray Water Extension Handle Broke....

Mosnowman
07-17-2011, 08:56 AM
.....on my 2011 278rls Bullet. The handle has the possibility of screwing it back on but with only a very short amount of threaded area left. The metal threaded extension part is what broke. I would prefer to replace the extension handle to avoid any bigger problems and was wondering where to find a replacement?

Maxzd
07-19-2011, 09:58 PM
.....on my 2011 278rls Bullet. The handle has the possibility of screwing it back on but with only a very short amount of threaded area left. The metal threaded extension part is what broke. I would prefer to replace the extension handle to avoid any bigger problems and was wondering where to find a replacement?

I had something similar happen, posted about it on this site weeks ago. I think you should give it a try. Buy a piece of threaded rod 1/4" and use as much as you can to thread into the waste gate and the broken piece. If it was like mine, the existing rod is hollow but threaded. It should be strong enough, worth the few bucks for the threaded rod to try.. Hardware store home depot will carry it.. Take the broken piece with you to get the right fit. Good luck!

anthonbloom
09-05-2011, 10:40 AM
I also broke one almost flush with the opening and fixed it with a piece of threaded rod. Mine broke when I put something heavy on the shelf where the valve handles are and it slid along during a road trip and broke the cheap white metal tube. 5th wheeler since '03, on my fourth rig, third tow vehicle and still climbing the leaning curve! Remember - " If it can go wrong, it will, and at the most inconvenient moment!"

haffcke
01-13-2012, 03:51 PM
the rods are available at camping supplies, come in different lengths 6", 9", ect. probably have to order, about 10 bucks. Phil

hankaye
01-13-2012, 04:37 PM
Mosnowman, Howdy;

The rod they use (if I remember correctly), is 1/4"X20. You can buy
some all-thread at your local Hardware store for a lot less. some 1/4" ID
aluminun tubing and a "stopper" nut will work if you cut them to fit your needs.
You can also go to;

http://www.valterra.com/RV/rv-main.htm

and see what they have to help.

hankaye