PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal?

wozzukes
07-13-2011, 03:28 PM
While outside today playing with our daughter, my husband was taking a look at the camper. With the way the sun was setting, the back of the camper looked wavy. He went over to it and pushed on it a little and found that no matter where you push on the entire back side it flexes. When pushing in the middle it flexes up to a good half inch or so, while out toward the sides it flexes maybe 1/4 of an inch. No where else on the unit does this happen. Is this a sign of delamination? There are no bubbles or anything in the fiberglass that we can tell, but there is definitely a bit of a wave to it, especially under the window. Is this normal or do we have a potential issue here?

therink
07-13-2011, 03:32 PM
That is normal, at least with my Keystone. The back wall is hollow with fiberglass insulation and studs versus pinch rolled sidewalls with styrofoam insulation and studs.
Steve

hankpage
07-13-2011, 03:42 PM
That is normal, at least with my Keystone. The back wall is hollow with fiberglass insulation and studs versus pinch rolled sidewalls with styrofoam insulation and studs.
Steve

Ditto! Mine's the same.

wozzukes
07-13-2011, 04:21 PM
Great, good to know! Thanks guys! We had an issue with there being a gap at the top of the rear window that wasn't properly sealed, so of course we were fearing the worst that moisture got in there and the layers of fiberglass were separating. So we are happy to hear that this is normal and we don't have a major issue to deal with! :bdance:

campingcpl
07-14-2011, 09:44 AM
Our unit is the same way. I was also a little concerned about it so when I had it in to get the taillights fixed for the 3rd time and they had the back of our unit apart I asked the service manager about it and he said that pretty much all the Keystone products that he has worked on was like that.

96Brigadier
07-15-2011, 03:12 PM
Normal, the rear wall isn't screwed/glued on like the side walls. It is held in by the outside frame, and any attachments (window, ladder, etc.)... assuming they actually hit a stud.

rjsurfer
07-16-2011, 11:10 AM
Normal, the rear wall isn't screwed/glued on like the side walls. It is held in by the outside frame, and any attachments (window, ladder, etc.)... assuming they actually hit a stud.

+1.....different construction of the rear wall compared to the vacuum pressed side walls.

Ron W.