PDA

View Full Version : Does my 2018 Campfire 26RB have the 3yr structual warrenty?

kegs
05-06-2018, 07:01 PM
I'm answering my own question with hopes it will help someone else.

Answer: Maybe

We just bought a 2018 26RB, I noticed the 3yr warranty stickers on several Keystone Campers on the lot. So I ask our sales lady and she indicated that all Keystones manufactured after 2017 had this warranty. Well I later found out that is only partially true. Turns out it comes down to the manufactured date stamped on the camper. So even though ours is a 2018 model, it's manufacture date was May 2017. To qualify for this warranty the date must be September 1, 2017 or newer.

I was a bit upset about this, but soon realized that it was an honest mistake on her part. I did contact Keystone and was transferred to John Thomas (Keystone sales rep in our area). I left him a message and had a return call the next morning. He left me a very encouraging voice mail and I was impressed for the quick response time.

I asked,
"Has anything changed about the manufacturing from May 2017 to present?"
(my thoughts here were that perhaps something is better, and because of "that" they could offer the warranty)
His response was no, nothing has changed. He went on to say that previously if a customer had an issue (from something Keystone had done) Keystone stood behind the product for the customer. The only difference is that now Keystone decided to put it in writing.

So while my model missed the cut off for the paper warranty, I still feel confident that even if something structural goes wrong (because of something Keystone did), they will still stand behind their product.

I also did take time to read the warranty document. It's short and to the point. It spells out what is covered, not covered and what is considered a "defect". After reading that document, I felt the probability of any of those items having an issue (because of something Keystone did) in 3 years time was very small.

So there you go, short answer: Maybe.