PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Slide out seals

Odysseymind
07-05-2011, 12:22 PM
I am replacing my top slide out seal on my 2007 Passport 208BH. Got damaged while using the slide. It was sticking up under the side when the slide went out. Had to hand pull it out. forgot one time and put the slide back in and it pinched it causing a break/crack in the seal:(. Well while trying to replace it I looked at the screws and they are 8 point screws:confused:???!!! The size appears to be between a T15 and T20. My question is where can I get a driver to remove the screws?

Thanks,

hankpage
07-05-2011, 01:24 PM
Just about every screw on my last two trailers have been square drive. :confused: The seals on my Cougar slide into a grove similar to a dovetail. Unless you are talking about the rubber sweep??? I'm not sure how that attaches. Now your going to make me go look, Hank

Odysseymind
07-05-2011, 11:09 PM
I found another forum on Google from 2009 that said to use a #2 square drive:). There they said they used an 8 point screw to make it easier to line up the sq. drive. Not to sure I believe that, but the sq drive did work their. Since I found this after dark it will have to wait till tomorrow when I can get a #2 sq. drive and give it a go. Let you know how it turns out