PDA

View Full Version : Electric Outlet Problem

swickme1
04-19-2018, 02:22 PM
2017 Cougar 333MKS. Only outlets working are on the kitchen island and in the bathroom. Tried all day to figure this out. Contacted dealer - no help. Watched various utube videos. So far 1) disconnected and reconnected to RV park electric. 2) Reset all breakers. 3) Replaced GFCI in bathroom. Nothing has worked so far. It may be coincidental but these plugs stopped working yesterday when installing new TV in bedroom. Does anyone know if there is a 2nd GFCI hidden somewhere? Any suggestions welcome.

MarkS
04-19-2018, 02:27 PM
It’s probably a second GFCI. I think the outlet in the basement, next to the TV cable connector is a GFCI. Also check the outlets near the kitchen sink.

swickme1
04-19-2018, 02:43 PM
Thanks Mark. No GFCI in kitchen nor is the one next to the TV cable. That's why we're so confused.

JRTJH
04-19-2018, 03:17 PM
If it happened after installing a TV in the bedroom, you might try unplugging that TV, resetting the "known GFCI" and see if you have power to the rest of the outlets. You may have a short or a bad TV plug/receptical that is causing the GFCI to keep tripping as soon as you reset it. Otherwise, keep looking, there's another GFCI "somewhere".....

gkainz
04-20-2018, 06:52 AM
Does the GFCI really reset? If you push the TEST button, does it pop the RESET button out? Try resetting it with power off (unplug from shore power or turn the main breaker off), and then reset. Does it hold?
unplug all our 110v appliances and plug back into shore power. Does it still hold? Start plugging appliances in, one at a time and see when it pops.
I had an outlet go bad once that continually popped the GFCI - fortunately for me it was the second one I pulled out of the wall...

chuckster57
04-20-2018, 07:14 AM
GFI plugs will NOT reset unless AC voltage is present at the feed side of the GFI plug.

AbHDToyHauler
04-20-2018, 09:23 AM
Did you put any "new" fasteners in when installing new tv? or same mount just new tv?

shiggs68
04-20-2018, 01:23 PM
When you checked the breakers, did you toggle them off and back on? They don’t always just look tripped.

I assume you are a 50amp system. Therefore it’s possible to lose power to one of the two legs. Check the breakers at the post and in your breaker box.

Last, a meter will help you track it down.

MarkS
04-20-2018, 01:27 PM
Did you look in the basement? I think there is a second GFI there.

notanlines
04-20-2018, 01:54 PM
I especially liked the basement location idea. All our fiver's have had one in the basement.