PDA

View Full Version : Access to water pump on Cougar 293sab 5th wheel

agfoxlh
07-03-2011, 09:33 AM
I have a 2008 cougar 5th wheel model 293sab and I need to get access to the water pump for replacement. I have looked all over trying to locate an access pane but without any luck. I would greatly appreciate any help any could giv me. Thankyou in advance.

agfoxlh

Johnnyfry
07-03-2011, 09:59 AM
I have a 318SAB so it might not be exactly the same. Mine is behind the water heater. It is reached by taking off a (rather flimsey) trim panel held with 2 Phillips screws at the aft end of the basement compartment. Open the Port (drivers) side basement door near and clear enough space so you can partially crawl inside facing aft and you can see the panel.

John

hankaye
07-03-2011, 07:28 PM
agfoxlh, Howdy;

I have a 2008 278RKS.
Again, I'll say that our floor plans are not the same so your milage may vary.

My water pump is behind a panel under the counter top, next to where the dinette is. Just inside the side wall from where the city & holding tank fittings come in.
Hope that helps.

hankaye

agfoxlh
08-01-2011, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the info but I ended up taking the unit back to where I boughtit to have the repair done. They had to install an access panel to get to the pump. At least I don't feel lick such a dummy. Thanks again.

agfoxlh:thumbsup:

hankaye
08-01-2011, 04:55 PM
agfoxlh, Howdy;

For future ref. wher was it? How does one get to it all that kinda stuff...
DIY'ers need to know. :)

Thanks

hankaye

Rkymtnman
08-16-2011, 10:41 AM
I have a 293SAB and mine is accessed from the street side pass through storage door. There is a panel on the right as you look at the storage compartment that is removed with 2 screws. Don't ask me how I know where it is :)

It is essentially, right "under" the fresh fill tank / city water connection on the inside.