PDA

View Full Version : 24sabwe questions

Rednks1
04-07-2018, 04:37 PM
first time out and I cant find anything that states hot water bypass location or if one even exists. and what is the electric heater I have a switch but don't know what it controls. any help would be great thanks

sourdough
04-07-2018, 04:50 PM
Find the hot water heater, the bypass should be behind it. I don't know what switch you are referring to for the "electric heater". Is it the "electric" switch beside a "LP" switch that controls how you heat the water heater? If it's for the water heater do not turn on the electric until you KNOW the hot water heater is full.

Tbos
04-07-2018, 05:13 PM
Welcome to the forum from Southern MD. Each my TT have had the bypass hiding behind or under a panel. We have always had 2 switches one for electric and one for propane/gas for the hot water heater. Both can be on at the same time.

Rednks1
04-07-2018, 05:42 PM
I don't have access to the back of the water heater I have looked it is blocked off from the factory.

JRTJH
04-07-2018, 05:57 PM
I believe the water heater is under the sink on the rear roadside of the trailer. You may have a removable panel in the sink base or you may have to remove the bottom drawer to access the water heater. Usually, there is a false panel under the sink or there may be a small access hole in that panel.

There is access to the water heater, you just have to hunt to find it. It's unfortunate that your dealer didn't cover that during your orientation.

Wyldfire
04-07-2018, 07:32 PM
We have same trailer. You have to remove the right side panel under sink. 6 or 6 screws need to be removed and panel slid out.

Rednks1
04-09-2018, 04:27 PM
I found it when we got home. but don’t understand why they would not make it accessible without tools. not everyone owns a square head screw driver to travel with. A new door is being fabricated for access.

sourdough
04-09-2018, 04:32 PM
I found it when we got home. but don’t understand why they would not make it accessible without tools. not everyone owns a square head screw driver to travel with. A new door is being fabricated for access.

Everyone that owns an RV has a square head (Roberts #2) screwdriver, or 10, on hand and in the truck. They are on literally everything in the trailer so get one.....or a handful!!:)

busterbrown
04-09-2018, 05:28 PM
It's advisable to keep a multi-bit screwdriver tool kit in the trailer. They're very inexpensive and will usually include square bits. Much better than carrying around a dozen different sized screwdrivers. Even easier is to just change out the square head for the head of your liking.