PDA

View Full Version : Incommand - disable password.

Tomurphjr
04-06-2018, 03:58 AM
Our first trip in our new trailer and something as simple as turning on a specific light, I have to go to the command center, enter password, then select interior lights, which turns on all inside lights.

Does anyone know how to disable the required password each time you need to operate the command center?

I know it's probably a safety feature for the slides and what not, and if that's the case, Jensen should have allowed lights and whatnot, not require a password and if you hit a slide button, prompt for a password.

I know I can turn interior lights on at the command center and then turn each light off at each light. If I can't disable the password, that's probably what I'll do.

fatcatzzz
04-06-2018, 07:02 AM
I don't think you can disable the password completely. You can adjust the ( 0-30 minutes)timeout function. It is in the setting. Menu>settings>passcode>set passcode timer. Hope this helps.

Tomurphjr
04-06-2018, 09:05 AM
I don't think you can disable the password completely. You can adjust the ( 0-30 minutes)timeout function. It is in the setting. Menu>settings>passcode>set passcode timer. Hope this helps.

Thank you much! That should help some!

K_N_L
04-06-2018, 02:57 PM
Our unit has 5 buttons at the bottom of the display (water pump, water heater, interior lights, exterior lights, and security lights), that can be turned on and off without entering the passcode. Those functions work as soon as you turn the panel on. Not sure if that is an option programmed in but I know you can adjust the 'floorplan' (dont ask how I know) in the options area. I have heard generally good things about the support team at on these keypads if it comes to that.

Tomurphjr
04-06-2018, 04:39 PM
Our unit has 5 buttons at the bottom of the display (water pump, water heater, interior lights, exterior lights, and security lights), that can be turned on and off without entering the passcode. Those functions work as soon as you turn the panel on. Not sure if that is an option programmed in but I know you can adjust the 'floorplan' (dont ask how I know) in the options area. I have heard generally good things about the support team at on these keypads if it comes to that.

Thanks for that info!. Mine only shows a place to enter a password, but I will play with it to see if I can get mine set the same as yours.

Aorobie
04-06-2018, 06:38 PM
Can not remember off the top of my head how to do it but yes the passcode can be disabled however the in command function on your phone cannot

brad2388
04-06-2018, 07:00 PM
Yes you can disable the passcode. But i cant remember how to do it. Let me get in my camper and remember how i did it.

SJH
04-06-2018, 07:07 PM
I would love to know

brad2388
04-06-2018, 07:10 PM
Ok

Menu passcode change passcode then disable

E Rod
04-06-2018, 07:39 PM
I have the In Command in my 2017 Alpine. I don't log off per say. I simply push the off button but not necessarily log out. I'm able to press on but and instantly turn on / off lights without having to enter password over and over

E Rod
04-06-2018, 07:48 PM
Our first trip in our new trailer and something as simple as turning on a specific light, I have to go to the command center, enter password, then select interior lights, which turns on all inside lights.

Does anyone know how to disable the required password each time you need to operate the command center?

I know it's probably a safety feature for the slides and what not, and if that's the case, Jensen should have allowed lights and whatnot, not require a password and if you hit a slide button, prompt for a password.

I know I can turn interior lights on at the command center and then turn each light off at each light. If I can't disable the password, that's probably what I'll do.

I have a 2017 Alpine with the In Command. After initial log in I don't log off or turn off completely. Now I'm able to simply walk in press the on button and screen comes on without re-enteting password. Makes it much easier and faster.

fatcatzzz
04-07-2018, 03:30 AM
Ok

Yep, worked like a charm. Guess you can teach an old dog a new trick! lol
:lol::lol:

Tinner12002
04-07-2018, 03:39 AM
I think I'll be trying that on mine also!

Tomurphjr
04-07-2018, 11:16 AM
Ok

Perfect! Worked like a charm! Thank you.

brad2388
04-07-2018, 11:17 AM
Good to hear!

SJH
04-08-2018, 07:33 AM
Thank you Brad... it worked!! No more password.

brad2388
04-10-2018, 04:56 PM
Thank you Brad... it worked!! No more password.

Np glad it worked!

Owl
04-10-2018, 06:46 PM
Thanks for the directions. Worked perfectly on a 2017 Fuzion.

Don_T
04-11-2018, 12:21 PM
I too disabled the password on the display. Now I wish I could do the same to the phone app.

LHaven
04-13-2020, 03:19 PM
I know this is an antique thread, but people might look here for answers, and I suspect the software has changed since...

On my model (2019 NCSP35), there is an entry to disable the main screen passcode, but then it immediately reboots and demands you establish a new passcode. What does work is setting the passcode timer to never, then you only have to enter it once and it stays unlocked.

I know of no way to disable the (unrelated) passcode for the smartphone app.