PDA

View Full Version : New Wheels!!!

ktmracer
06-29-2011, 05:15 PM
Just before our 1 yr. warranty expired, I noticed the alloy wheels on our outback showed some spots where there was oxidation/corrosion under the clear coat,. confined to areas under the machined surface. Took it to the local dealer last week for them to look at, they took pictures, sent them off to Keystone to see if they would do anything under warranty. Given how minor the corrosion was, I wasn't very hopefull that Keystone would replace them under warranty. Figured it would take weeks to even hear back from keystone. To my suprise the dealer called today and said "schedule an appointment Keystone is replacing the wheels!"

Kudos to Keystone!!! BTW this is the only warranty/service issue we've had on our outback. 45 days of camping this last year and almost 4,000 troublefree miles.

jq1031
06-29-2011, 05:36 PM
Good to hear the good stuff, most of these warranty posts are about complaints!

cumminsdad08
06-30-2011, 12:49 PM
thats awsome, you should see if you can buy back one of your "used" ones for a spare. sometimes you can convince the tech on the side;);)

hankpage
06-30-2011, 02:48 PM
Good to hear and while they are mounting your tires be sure to have them balanced .... even if you have to cough up a few bucks. Most dealers send their tire work out so try to request when you drop off.

ktmracer
06-30-2011, 03:27 PM
Good to hear and while they are mounting your tires be sure to have them balanced .... even if you have to cough up a few bucks. Most dealers send their tire work out so try to request when you drop off.

Had them balanced when new with tape on weights, I know the shop they are sending it to, and they will balance them with tape on weights as well.