PDA

View Full Version : how to prime water pump

piccolo
12-13-2017, 04:46 PM
I have a 2015 326rl and am having trouble getting the pump to pull water out of fresh water tank. I have the fresh/city water inlet and have put around 15 gallons in FW tank but when I open the hot or cold in sinks or shower no water is being pumped out. I hear the pump coming on and wait for a few minutes but no water.. Any suggestions???

JRTJH
12-13-2017, 05:29 PM
First, does the system operate properly on city water? If not, it's not the water pump. If it does operate properly, then I'd suspect you have a valve in the convenience center improperly positioned. Either the winterize valve (draws antifreeze or draws water from the Fresh Water Tank) or another valve, possibly the tank fill valve ??? If your trailer operates properly on city water, I'd suspect the winterize valve.

Lee
12-14-2017, 11:49 AM
Hi,

I had the exact same problem with mine last Spring.

On my rig, I had cut the input line to the pump from the FWT and installed a "T". I then installed a valve and a short piece of tubing onto the "T". When I winterize I open this valve and put the end on the tube into a gallon jug of pink antifreeze. When I turn on the pump and open a faucet antifreeze gets sucked into the pump and sent out to the open faucet.

When I had my No Prime problem, I opened the winterize valve and poured a little bit of water into the end of the hose which primes the pump. Then closed the valve and "Wallah" pump operated normally.

Harleydodge
12-22-2017, 10:58 AM
I have a 2015 326rl and am having trouble getting the pump to pull water out of fresh water tank. I have the fresh/city water inlet and have put around 15 gallons in FW tank but when I open the hot or cold in sinks or shower no water is being pumped out. I hear the pump coming on and wait for a few minutes but no water.. Any suggestions???
So you hear the pump come on exactly when you open a faucet, and it shuts off when you close it? or is the pump running all the time when you turn it on at the switch?
I'm trying to make sense of it, because the pump itself it activated by a pressure drop in the line.

JRTJH
12-22-2017, 03:45 PM
The OP posted this thread at 7:46PM on 12-13. He signed off the forum at 07:51 PM that evening and has not yet signed back onto the forum. It appears he has not seen any of the responses to his initial post since all of them are after his "7:51 departure"...

Harleydodge
12-22-2017, 04:01 PM
The OP posted this thread at 7:46PM on 12-13. He signed off the forum at 07:51 PM that evening and has not yet signed back onto the forum. It appears he has not seen any of the responses to his initial post since all of them are after his "7:51 departure"...
Another "hit and run"
Oh well...hope he figures it out.

JRTJH
12-22-2017, 05:19 PM
My guess is he did. Otherwise, he'd have likely been back to look for help.