PDA

View Full Version : Which clear sealant for trim

DWBinRI
10-10-2017, 07:20 AM
Looking for the best

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

JRTJH
10-10-2017, 07:35 AM
I don't know if "its the best", but I use DAP clear flexible sealant. It's available at Home Depot and is about $8 a tube. It's a polyurethane base (no silicone) and works well. It's difficult to push through a very small opening (I cut just the very tip of the applicator tube), so I bought a pneumatic caulking gun from Amazon. 35 PSI, easy squeeze on the trigger and it lays a 1/8" bead that's easy to tool without smearing the bead. With a hand operated caulking gun I could not apply a thin enough bead, so I was always "wiping away the excess" and smearing the rest.....

Here's the gun I bought, $27 well spent, in my opinion: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000LQN5G4/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=

SteveC7010
10-10-2017, 05:58 PM
Silicone based caulks anywhere in the trailer are problematic. They pull away over time, and they leave a chemical film that is almost impossible to remove preventing other, more appropriate caulks from ever adhering to the surfaces.

notanlines
10-11-2017, 07:51 AM
What John and Steve ^^^^^said. Avoid the silicones at all cost. They will yellow with age. The DAP is good.

DWBinRI
10-11-2017, 08:45 AM
What John and Steve ^^^^^said. Avoid the silicones at all cost. They will yellow with age. The DAP is good.Thanks appreciate it

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk