PDA

View Full Version : Grey/galley and black drains

Mspeed
10-09-2017, 06:39 AM
I just recently purchased a 2017 Montana high country th. The galley and grey tanks drain together in a separate drain hole than the black. I have to switch the drain hose to the other drain, and the grey water therefore can't backwash the black tank (which also helps the matter to drain without clogging). Is this normal to be plumbed this way and what's the best wat to get the black to drain easier?

chuckster57
10-09-2017, 06:49 AM
Welcome to the forum!
The gray tank won't flush the black tank, in cases where all the tanks dump out a single outlet the gray will "rinse" the sewer hose.
Your trailer should have a black tank rinser. The hose hook up is probably in the convienence center.

Most of us use the rinser to clean the black tank. There is probably a decal that says the black tank drain must be open. You can close the valve while running the rinser but be careful how long you let it run as it is filling the tank. Opening the valve after filling will clean the tank. In my particular case I do the fill/dump cycle about 3-5 times, when I see clean water I am done. Easiest way to see clean water is to use a "clear piece".

Mspeed
10-09-2017, 06:52 AM
Thank you so much. I'll just have to get used to this.