PDA

View Full Version : Replacement for the Jensen

LeeMedic
06-13-2011, 12:24 AM
Keystone sure likes the Jensen Stereo. I am looking for a replacement that will not only play DVD's but also play Bluray DVD's. Jensen does not make a Bluray.

Has anyone found something that will fit comfortably in the spot where the Jensen stereo is located now?

Clemdog
06-16-2011, 08:01 PM
I'd love to know if you find something that works.

Johnnyfry
06-17-2011, 03:05 AM
About the only all in one alternative is the Concertone and I have heard even worse reports on that unit.

If you want a better set up you could put together a high end car stereo but that would mean assembling a setting up a system from individual components. Check out a mail order catalog like Crutchfield.

You could rock the trailer ( and probably the whole park)

John

The Sod Father
06-17-2011, 05:31 AM
About the only all in one alternative is the Concertone and I have heard even worse reports on that unit.
I believe Concertone is a house brand for Forest River. Kinda like Craftsman was the house brand for Sears. So the only place you could get one is at a Forest River dealer.

As far as quality goes, I would say the Concertone units are on par or slightly better than Jensen. This is based on the two Rockwood trailers I owned. The unit in my last Rockwood had more features than the Jensen in my Bullet. Louder too.

hankpage
06-17-2011, 06:19 AM
The only 12v. blue ray players I have seen are either tv-combos, portable or automobile-marine style dash mounts with built in screens. I guess the electronics manufacturers want to keep RVers sitting around the campfire. :rolleyes: Most likely you will see these first in truck stops or on-line trucker suppliers. JM2¢, Hank

Johnnyfry
06-17-2011, 06:40 AM
Concertone stereos are available at the Concertone online store.
Www.concertone.com/online_store.HTML

They show 3models ranging from $399 ti $699. None show Blu-Ray.

John