PDA

View Full Version : City water leak into fresh tank 2670 BH

KAGHWK
09-10-2017, 05:28 AM
After connecting to city water for 36 hours and using it successfully my fresh water tank filled and started overflowing. I am using a 40-50 psi water pressure regulator purchased from dealer. Is thist the correct regulator to use? Is there some other defect or adjustment I am missing? Brand new trailer should not have water system problems on initial usage! Thanks for any suggestions.

JRTJH
09-10-2017, 05:40 AM
If you have a "city water/fresh water fill" valve in a convenience center, it may not be fully closed. If your trailer is "old technology" with a city water hose connection and a separate fresh tank fill port, then the pump is likely to be the problem. The fresh water pump has a "backflow valve" built into the pump head. That feature may not be working properly. There's no adjustment, the dealer will probably have to replace the pump to fix the problem.

The 40/50 PSI pressure regulator is the correct one, but it could be defective, after all, it's likely to have "Made in China" stamped on it, so I'd also suspect the regulator ?????

KAGHWK
09-10-2017, 11:38 AM
I just had it in a week ago because the water pressure was poor while using the water pump rather than city water. They told me nothing was wrong with it other than a restriction device inside the bubbler of the kitchen faucet, which they removed. I have had it into the dealer more times than number of camping trips so far! Thanks again.

Tbos
09-10-2017, 01:37 PM
You are correct, you should not be getting water in the FW tank when on city water. If it's the back flow valve it's something you can probably fix yourself. While you are still under warranty it sounds like your dealer is doing well. Let us know how it goes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cmlong
09-10-2017, 01:59 PM
if you have the diverter style valve with 4 positions it is more than likely that one of the O rings has come free from its position and is allowing water to bypass. The only fix is replacement of the valve. If under warranty good. If you are on your own then you can get a replacement cartridge for the valve from fitzilla.com. Look for Anderson Brass RV Valve.

I have had two O rings go out on 2016.

KAGHWK
09-10-2017, 02:01 PM
Many thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk