PDA

View Full Version : Tick/clicking noise

jrbdad
08-30-2017, 04:39 AM
Cougar 2014 31SQBWE
Just noticed last night. Makes noise plugged in or unplugged. with battery switch on or off. Not fridge or hot water heater. Does not sound like it is coming from fuse box/charge panel either. Sounds like it is coming from heater but remove panel and don't hear it in the compartment under fridge that heater is in. Ran heater for a minute and turned off noise still there.

Does anyone know is there is anything under floor where heater is?

Does not sound like water dripping either. Made noise at home, then towed to my work (going on trip tonight) and still making it. Sounds like a relay or kinda like the noise fridge makes when trying to light but it is single tick/click. and happens about every 10-20 seconds.

Thanks

bsmith0404
08-30-2017, 05:06 AM
If it's making the noise regardless of power source or lack of, it sounds like something that is battery operated such as a smoke detector. Possible the speaker is bad and instead of a chirp you get a single click??? 15-20 just sounds like a smoke detector, carbon monoxide detector or something. You'd be surprised how sound travels.

JRTJH
08-30-2017, 06:23 AM
Our propane regulator makes a "ticking/clicking" sound under certain conditions. It usually happens when there is minimal propane flow, late at night, when everything is quiet and the refrigerator calls for propane. That "minimal demand" is just enough to cause the spring loaded pressure regulator in the "automatic changeover regulator" to start "modulating high pressure propane to flow at 11 inches water column"....

Possibly you're hearing the propane regulator "doing its thing" ????

gkainz
08-30-2017, 06:27 AM
do you have a battery operated clock mounted on the wall somewhere? Ours ticks and echoes through the wall ... drove me nuts so I replaced it with an LCD screen clock.