PDA

View Full Version : Drop and hook

Freebirdusa
06-08-2011, 03:54 PM
We just bought our first camper which is a Keystone Sprinter 266. Is there any reason why I cant keep my camper hooked to my truck if Im just staying at the campground one night. I would think if I unhooked the pigtail and dropped down the 4 stabilizer jacks I would be OK as long as it was level. Any input. Im not stupid lol Just new at this guys.

Handysam
06-08-2011, 04:12 PM
No problem, People do it all the time. In our travels, while stopping for one night we would leave the camper hooked up and ready to go early in the morning. Happy Camping, Sam

jq1031
06-08-2011, 04:22 PM
Absolutely, staying connected makes for a easy exit in the AM.

Bob Landry
06-08-2011, 04:34 PM
Same here. By the time I pull into a Flying J for the night, I don't do anything but crawl into the bed. The trailer is already level enough fr the fridge, just from being hitched to the truck. Nothing else to worry about.

Freebirdusa
06-08-2011, 04:54 PM
Thanks Everyone

jq1031
06-08-2011, 06:20 PM
Thanks Everyone

I even keep the generator in the bed of my truck with a 25ft 30AMP extention ready, so my wife can blow dry her hair in the AM & I can make coffee.

chuck&gail
06-08-2011, 06:37 PM
We do it all the time also, but, if there is no battery isolator on your TV, I recommend disconnecting the TV to TT cord. Otherwise some time when you use the furnace at night you may not be able to start your TV in the morning. Not fun if you are boondocking remotely. In fact not even fun in a campground.

I often put the tongue jack down to take a bit of the load off the TV suspension. If I'm not too tired I also put down stabilizers.

tcaggie
06-29-2011, 09:05 AM
battery isolator???? disconnect the TV????? I don't understand. I would hate to burn up anything...especially the TV..... What does the isolator do?

Festus2
06-29-2011, 09:17 AM
The isolator would prevent any possible battery draw from the RV to the TV (Tow Vehicle - not the TV set) - so instead of the RV using its own 12v battery supply, it would draw from the truck's battery. By disconnecting the two (removing the cord), there would be no chance of this happening leaving you with a dead Tow Vehicle battery.

GMcKenzie
06-29-2011, 10:00 AM
TV - Tow Vehicle

Only time I had an issue with this is at an unlevel site where I couldn't get the TT (travel trailer) to sit level front to back.