PDA

View Full Version : Ground Control 3.0 won't turn on

pmf
08-13-2017, 03:18 PM
Hello,

I have a Keystone Sprinter FWFLS and the ground control auto leveling won't turn on. I have tried to disconnect the power but no luck so I really don't know if it is dead or if there is another way to reset it. I can't get my truck back under it to hook back up so I'm thinking I'm in trouble.

Thanks for any help,
Pat

chuckster57
08-13-2017, 03:27 PM
Here is a link to lippert, hopefully you can find your answer:
https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/support/manuals/Leveling%20and%20Stabilization/Ground_Control___3.0_Troubleshooting_Guide_.pdf

pmf
08-13-2017, 03:38 PM
I've read that and didn't really anything about the power. I'll try to read it over again and make sure I didn't miss anything.

Thanks,

chuckster57
08-13-2017, 03:46 PM
Try this:
Find the wiring harness on the back side of the touchpad. Unplug for 10 seconds and plug back in.

pmf
08-13-2017, 04:00 PM
Yeah I tried that too. I was hoping to find a breaker somewhere but haven't found on yet. It's like it threw a breaker or blew a fuse. I really hope it isn't the touch-pad.

chuckster57
08-13-2017, 04:06 PM
There should be a 50A resettable breaker or fuse going to the controller. The controller may be in the front compartment mounted to the ceiling. I would start there and back track the wire harness. If you happen to have a test light, then you could simply unplug the harness and start checking for 12V.

pmf
08-13-2017, 04:49 PM
Yes I saw that but the opening on that side is so small I can't my head in to look. I'll play with it tomorrow and probably give them a call.

Thanks again,
Pat

pmf
08-15-2017, 02:50 PM
Well problem solved. After calling the mfg and was told it was the led display outside and then calling Camping World to see when they could get me in. I called Camping World the second time and wound up getting the service manager this time he told me it sounds like a power problem. I had it in my drive way so I didn't have anything to plug in for power but did have it plugged into my truck on idle which didn't work so we took it for a ride hoping to charge the battery more which finally worked. Of course I had to raise all of the jacks manually but at least it's solved and I learned an awful lot.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Harleydodge
08-15-2017, 03:40 PM
Does that unit not have a built in Genny?
If not, you say it was in your driveway. Sounds like you need to adapt down to a 15 amp plug from the 50 it comes with and plug into house power with an extension cord.

Also, being plugged into the truck, even at idle, should have supplied enough 12v power to do what you were trying to do.

Something still doesn't compute there.

pmf
08-15-2017, 04:50 PM
Well tonight is the last time we'll be in the house so no need to set anything for that. No we don't have a built in Genny but we are planning on purchasing a portable unit. I guess I have to wait and see if there is more to it that that. I hope not because starting tomorrow we'll be living in it full time.

Thanks,

Harleydodge
08-15-2017, 05:06 PM
Well tonight is the last time we'll be in the house so no need to set anything for that. No we don't have a built in Genny but we are planning on purchasing a portable unit. I guess I have to wait and see if there is more to it that that. I hope not because starting tomorrow we'll be living in it full time.

Thanks,
That's Awesome! Best of luck to you both and Safe and Happy Travels. Be sure to post back when you get a chance.

pmf
08-30-2017, 05:50 AM
Sorry for the late response to this. It turned out the battery was too low and once it was charged it worked fine. Thanks for all of your advice and help.