PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Aid type product for Passport

gahanunda
06-07-2011, 02:03 AM
I was wondering if anyone has experience with a Trailer Aid type product for changing tires or maintenance on a Passport. Since the axles are spread farther apart than other models will using a Trailer Aid type product on one wheel get the other one off the ground enough to change a tire?
Have a great day!!!

The Sod Father
06-07-2011, 06:56 AM
Nope. You are better off using a bottle jack.

Txoutback
06-07-2011, 07:17 AM
I found myself stuck on the side of the road with a thrown tire a few years back and the TV jack didn't fit. Another RV'r stopped to render aid and pulled out a small, cheap, light weight floor jack that rolled right under the axle and I was on the road in no time. I stopped at the first auto supply I found and bought one. It never leaves the TT now. I would not leave home without it. The tires were 4 years old and dry rotted. The tread was in great shape but the sidewalls were cracking.

fireballux21
06-28-2011, 11:43 AM
I keep enough Lynx levelers in the trailer to build a ramp that will lift the 2nd tire off the ground. ( i also have 2 that are cut in halve to make it more 1 sided and use fewer blocks) Lighter then a floor jack and usable for leveling and stacking under stab jacks.

That being said I do also carry a small 2 ton bottle jack with stands.

chuck&gail
06-29-2011, 11:50 AM
I use Lynx Leveler blocks. Note I went to a Camping World years ago WITH my TT and asked if I could try the Trailer Aid. They said sure, so I tried it. Didn't work so I bought Leveler Blocks which did. I carry TWO sets of ten.

chuck&gail
06-29-2011, 12:03 PM
I use Lynx Leveler blocks. Note I went to a Camping World years ago WITH my TT and asked if I could try the Trailer Aid. They said sure, so I tried it. Didn't work so I bought Leveler Blocks which did. I carry TWO sets of ten.