PDA

View Full Version : Passport water

Nicholsb
07-30-2017, 04:47 AM
Hi, we have a 2018 passport 2520 and we noticed when it rains there is a pool of water that gathers on the roof right where the rubber roof meets the front cap. Right where the caulk is across front of rv. It is sizeable, about a third of the width of the trailer and is partially over the cauled area. We are wondering if this is the case with all of them or does ours have a defect. Thanks for any input.

TLB
07-30-2017, 04:54 AM
First welcome to the site.

My 2014 does the same thing. Looks like the front cap sits a little higher than the roof causing the water to pool a little in the center at times.

I haven't had any problems with leaks, so as long as the caulk is in good condition it should be fine.

chuckster57
07-30-2017, 04:54 AM
Welcome to the forum :wlcm:

First off congrats on your new purchase. As far as the rain water puddling, it's common to lots of different makes/models. Important thing is to check the sealant often to insure the integrity of the seam. If you notice ANY cracking or separation, address is as soon as possible. Dicor self leveling lap sealant is what's used and it is cheap enough to keep a tube on hand.

Nicholsb
07-30-2017, 06:04 AM
Thanks for the welcome and replies. Not trying to be a complainer, but we just bought ours 3 weeks ago and have some issues. The water pooling was a big concern and the plywood on the first rafter back from the front is loose and sticks up about an inch. Slide also has a small leak, but dealer is trying to remedy.
Thanks again for the replies and welcome

Tbos
07-30-2017, 06:39 AM
I added a bunch of Dicor to the front corners to help reduce the pooling. Hope you get the rest of your issues fixed.

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2016 F350 CC DRW

ctbruce
07-30-2017, 06:41 AM
Welcome to the forum from Kansas City, MO! Enjoy your new rig!

The plywood sticking up an inch would be my first concern. Sounds like someone nailed it air rather than a rafter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

PARAPTOR
07-30-2017, 06:51 AM
:wlcm: to The Forum From Western PA

Congrats on your new Passport !! Enjoy !!

Be Safe and Happy Camping. :camping: