PDA

View Full Version : Cougar TT 24SABWE docking/storage lighting

Real Housewife of Bend
07-12-2017, 12:03 PM
We recently purchased a Cougar 24SABWE and just took it on our second trip. We can't figure out how to turn on the docking lights. The trailer didn't come with a remote. There is no switch we can find on the control panel.

Also, there is a light in the pass through storage - looks like a touch light similar to what we have in the interior of the trailer so there is no switch for it inside... and it won't turn off! Funny thing is, it wasn't on our first trip, we only noticed it our second trip.

So frustrated about both of these things! Help!

ctbruce
07-13-2017, 04:30 AM
Welcome to the forum from Kansas City, MO! Glad you're here!
What year is your trailer? Does it not have a remote because it is not equipped with one or because it didn't have one when you bought it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Real Housewife of Bend
07-13-2017, 10:03 AM
Hi!

It's a 2017 - just purchased in May. I don't think it's supposed to be equipped with one. I've looked online at the pictures of the control panel, etc, for use with the remote and ours doesn't look like that. Ours is pretty basic. I've also researched youtube videos of my trailer model and never a mention of a remote.

We are going to the dealership this morning to deal with a registration issue so I'm going to ask while we are there and hopefully get more information.

sourdough
07-13-2017, 11:22 AM
Hi!

It's a 2017 - just purchased in May. I don't think it's supposed to be equipped with one. I've looked online at the pictures of the control panel, etc, for use with the remote and ours doesn't look like that. Ours is pretty basic. I've also researched youtube videos of my trailer model and never a mention of a remote.

We are going to the dealership this morning to deal with a registration issue so I'm going to ask while we are there and hopefully get more information.

Hope you have better luck with the dealer than I did when my lights were on and I couldn't figure out how to turn them off. Mine WAS the button on the remote and nothing would turn them off but the remote. Dealer didn't know (LD visits by phone) but the folks here advised how to turn them off.