PDA

View Full Version : axle ????

cchuckie51
06-23-2017, 04:33 AM
:eek:I have a 1999 cabana 17'
previous owner put new springs on now I am not sure if he put axle in left position I see that hey had previous blow out on right side and I noticed right side tire has left marks on wheel well I got 2 new tires and I tried going out on trip and lasted not more then 40 miles and right side tire blew
I got tire changed and 4way flasher home
any one with one of these please help I need to get this right can't keep buying tires
oh and how low does trailer sit

CaptnJohn
06-23-2017, 05:39 AM
:eek:I have a 1999 cabana 17'
previous owner put new springs on now I am not sure if he put axle in left position I see that hey had previous blow out on right side and I noticed right side tire has left marks on wheel well I got 2 new tires and I tried going out on trip and lasted not more then 40 miles and right side tire blew
I got tire changed and 4way flasher home
any one with one of these please help I need to get this right can't keep buying tires
oh and how low does trailer sit

What kind of tires did you buy? Dealer install? Did you check the pressure before starting the trip?
How low? A pic would help there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cchuckie51
06-23-2017, 05:58 AM
carry on from tractor supply pressure was at 50
can i put a 14 " on this trailer

cchuckie51
06-23-2017, 06:05 AM
owner had axle under springs turned uphttp://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/desktophow do I ad pics

CaptnJohn
06-23-2017, 06:06 AM
carry on from tractor supply pressure was at 50
can i put a 14 " on this trailer

You would need new wheels and have to make sure they would fit the wheel well. They would also need to have the same bolt pattern which is unlikely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cchuckie51
06-23-2017, 06:10 AM
I turned axle up yesterday and these are were tires are now pics online you can see were rubbing

cchuckie51
06-23-2017, 06:11 AM
I see 14" have a greater weight capacity

cchuckie51
06-23-2017, 06:22 AM
if you look at tire pics look at tire 33 you can see pic of axle in position now this was turned the other way and so tire was sitting inside of wheel well and you can see rubbing makrs

SummitPond
06-23-2017, 06:42 AM
if you look at tire pics ...

CChuckie

Your photos didn't come through.

When you reply, find the box under "Additional Options" that says "Attach Files" and click the "Manage Attachments" button.

You can choose up to 4 files at a time to attach. You must click the "Upload" button to get them associated with your post. I always verify how things look (sometimes the images get inverted) by clicking the "Preview Post" button before I finally submit the post.

I hope this helps.

cchuckie51
06-23-2017, 08:12 AM
there in photos under tires

cchuckie51
06-23-2017, 08:18 AM
quick question if I make longer shackles would that help raise trailer say and 1"
one side is lower than other always has been
or would it but to much pressure on spring

Ken / Claudia
06-24-2017, 11:00 PM
My advice check with a RV dealer or shop. Maybe make sure you have the right tire size, axles are aligned correctly. See if they advise to raise it any further. Make sure it has the right axle for that trailer. Tires blow out for many reasons, mainly overloaded or to old. But, without seeing the tire and knowing more about it, we are just guessing.

Tinner12002
09-23-2017, 03:49 AM
Probably have it fixed by now, but if your actually turning the axles over to get spring pads on the top or bottom then that is your issue as the axles have a radius built into them so when weight is added they flatten out some but still keeps tires pretty much straight. The radius or hump in the axle tube should be on the top not the bottom.