PDA

View Full Version : Mold in trundle bunk floor

JRPSR
05-30-2011, 09:28 AM
Imagine my surprise to find 3 toadstools growing INSIDE on the carpet below the
bunk, where there is a newly discovered leak. With all the rain that fell it was just a matter of time before it came in? Then, I decided to defrost the refer, a
Dometic, and after a while I was moving some articles and found the floor in front of the fridge wet. I had been watching the drip tray so I could dump it,
then I found that the tray has a hole for a drain, and it drains out the bottom of the refer, and onto any and everything below. The install instructions tell how a
hole is to be drilled thru the floor(and on thru the "belly, no doubt) but the
installers don't have time to fool around with a drain for a lowly fridge.I found the drain hose, behind the grille vent on the outside, but no hole thru the "floor", so it may a been intended to go 'thru' the grill lattice, which is where I put it, to drain on the ground. I am sure I will need to remove the carpet under the bunk where the trundle goes. Also the trundle cuts off air circulation under the bunk adding to the mold problem.
The dealer installed the sat dish without the tapered ring, and also the swing up
broadcast antenna without the tapered ring. Didn't know any better? Didn't care? Who will know the difference? I will, when I try to lock the swing on a
direction, and it won't hold. I got the unit from an individual, with the awning tube folded in half.....