PDA

View Full Version : Slide-Out?

hardinrob
04-30-2017, 01:55 PM
Hi All,
My wife and I are retiring the end of this year and have been researching the purchase of either a Montana or Apline 5th Wheel. I have seen several of both models and have a question concerning slide-outs. On the Montana trailers we have seen all have the (Sweep/Mini Awning) above the slide out to prevent leaves/debris from collecting on top of slide-out. We looked at several Apline trailers yesterday and none of them had the slide-out awning. Is this item an option? Next is it necessary in your opinion? Thanks for the feedback.
Bob & Kathleen:confused:

66joej
04-30-2017, 02:16 PM
Usually an option on most all RVs. Nice to have but there are some owners that would not put them on their units for various reasons. Do a search on this forum. Good luck with your search.

sourdough
04-30-2017, 02:24 PM
Awnings are usually an option a new RV or you can add them later.

Some folks wouldn't have a trailer without them and some don't use them. A lot depends on the environment you use your trailer. Lots of discussions about them in the past so a search might give you more insight into the info you want.

Tbos
04-30-2017, 02:45 PM
The only downside I've heard is the May billow in the wind. So if you are someplace like the beach where it is windy it may be noisy. If you don't have them you will need to determine a method to clean off your slides if you get leaves, sticks, or other debris on them. We went to bed on a trip last fall with no leaves on the truck or trailer. We woke up and everything was covered with leaves overnight. The Alpine and Montana are nice rigs. Have fun shopping.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ctbruce
04-30-2017, 04:43 PM
In your search use the term slide topper. You'll get more hits. I don't have them but I believe they'd be a nice option to have.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

PARAPTOR
04-30-2017, 05:42 PM
Yes, they are an option and can be added at any time, If I recall there are posts on the forum where members have installed the toppers themselves. I do not have them and have no plans on getting them. Personal choice

busterbrown
05-02-2017, 01:32 AM
I love having the slide toppers. Too many "other" things to worry about than the slide seals and tops when disembarking from a campsite.