PDA

View Full Version : Water Pump Shuts OFF

Kunkler
05-23-2011, 09:15 AM
Filled the water tank yesterday and turned on the pump to flush all the lines. and found when the water is not running the pump will shut off, I know it is suposed to but when I turn the water back on it does not come back on. I have to turn the switch off then back on to get it to run again. I dont think this is right and I'm sure I can live with it but i dont want it to turn into a bigger problem in the end. Has anyone came across the before??

Thanks...

Johnnyfry
05-23-2011, 09:25 AM
Sounds like a faulty pressure switch to me. You will need to take the pump out to investigate.

Kunkler
05-23-2011, 09:27 AM
Where is the switch located??

Johnnyfry
05-23-2011, 03:49 PM
It should be located at the outlet side of the pump and one of the wires from the motor should run to it.

John

chuck&gail
05-24-2011, 04:12 PM
Just to be sure I understand, when you turn switch back on, and pump does not run, did you turn on water faucet to bleed pressure? If not, pump is working normally. Pump should only run when pressure in lines is low.

JRTJH
05-24-2011, 05:25 PM
Just to be sure I understand, when you turn switch back on, and pump does not run, did you turn on water faucet to bleed pressure? If not, pump is working normally. Pump should only run when pressure in lines is low.

The OP said, "when I turn the water back on..." It really sounds like the pressure switch. It's in the pump head and depending on the model of pump, it may be replaceable by changing out the pump head. However, if it's under warranty still, take it to the dealer.

Kunkler
05-26-2011, 08:20 AM
what was going on was when the water was on it would run then stop i would have to turn the switch off then back on to get it to run again. like resetting it. the water line was open the whole time.

last night I drained the tank and cleaned it out a bit when i did that it started to run normal (pump ran when water line was open) then after a bit it started to just stop pumping water like it was getting hot and not wanting to work, i would have to turn off the switch and wait for about 5 mins then it would build up pressure and i could then go back to running the water.

right now im am woundering if it has just sat too long and need to be ran and ran and ran to get it bacjk to normal. going to Mendon Ohio this weekend first time it has been out in 4 years i think. I bought it from a sherrifs auction and it seems to be in great shape...