PDA

View Full Version : crank up antenna / tv tuner

popup
05-22-2011, 08:23 PM
Greetings all,

I just purchased a new tv for the camper. Picked up a 27" Samsung 1080p at Bjs for $299. Question before i open the box the tv is labled as a monitor but the specs states it has a built in ATSC tuner. Will this work with my crank up antenna where i can just plug straight in without a converter box an watch digital tv.

Model is Samsung P2770hd. And its the regular winnegard crank up

Festus2
05-22-2011, 08:40 PM
It is my understanding that all TV receivers must now have a built-in ATSC tuner/receiver capable of receiving over-the-air TV signals. Our set, although a different brand, has this feature and is capable of receiving digital signals. You have to go through the usual set-up procedure and hopefully you will also find in the box an owner's manual which explains how to do this. Also, when you hook your set up to the Winegard, don't forget to put the small switch on the wall connection to its proper position. Enjoy your new TV!

jq1031
05-23-2011, 05:12 AM
Greetings all,

I just purchased a new tv for the camper. Picked up a 27" Samsung 1080p at Bjs for $299. Question before i open the box the tv is labled as a monitor but the specs states it has a built in ATSC tuner. Will this work with my crank up antenna where i can just plug straight in without a converter box an watch digital tv.

Model is Samsung P2770hd. And its the regular winnegard crank up

I have a monitor TV in our bedroom at home. The problem I see for you is the set does not an outlet in the back for you to attach the coax. It must be connected through a cable or dish box to operate. That's how mine works.

popup
05-23-2011, 06:10 AM
I'm not sure what exactly is the difference between a monitor and a regular tv. Maybe its just that monitor is computer hookup capable. This one though does have a coax input. I've also read about pointing the antenna. I've never done this any tips or tricks to know beforehand

hankaye
05-23-2011, 06:35 AM
popup, Howdy;

I'm not sure what exactly is the difference between a monitor and a regular tv. Maybe its just that monitor is computer hookup capable. This one though does have a coax input. I've also read about pointing the antenna. I've never done this any tips or tricks to know beforehand

In order to get an idea of where the broadcast towers are you can go to this link;

http://www.hdtvantennalabs.com/location/

Then "aim" the long side of the antenna, opposite where the coax connects, towards the tower.

A lot easier (with the inside rotator), then when I was younger and my Father had me climb on the roof of our house to “fine tune “ the one on our S&B home.

hankaye

jq1031
05-23-2011, 06:37 AM

Are you referring to pointing the bat wing antenna?

Me.Bikes.Dogs
05-23-2011, 08:10 AM
popup, there are also free apps for the Droid and iphone that will tell you exactly where to aim your antenna, compass direction and all, based on where you sit.

popup
05-23-2011, 08:13 PM
Thanks all as always for the quick replies. I hooked it up and worked great with the batwing

jac3i
06-11-2011, 08:46 AM
popup, there are also free apps for the Droid and iphone that will tell you exactly where to aim your antenna, compass direction and all, based on where you sit.

What are the name of the apps? I was only able to find one for the iphone.

Me.Bikes.Dogs
06-11-2011, 09:52 AM
What are the name of the apps? I was only able to find one for the iphone.

"TV Antenna Helper FREE" for the Droid.