PDA

View Full Version : Water pressure in Laredo 291TG

rturriff7
05-19-2011, 07:19 AM
When either hooked up to city water or using the pump, I have good kitchen water pressure and the toilet and shower appear fine. The problem is I have lousy pressure in the bathroom sink and outdoor sink as well as the outdoor shower. When I open these up the pump sounds like it is laboring a little and cycles on and off. VVVVV......VVVVVV.....VVVVV.....VVVVVVV as apposed to vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv....... any ideas?

DEW
05-19-2011, 08:28 AM
My batroom seems ok. The outdoor shower is acceptable - no worse than I had on previous trailers from different manufacturer's

I agree, the outdoor sink is very low in pressure. I looked under the counter and see the main water line id downsized to a small hose. I assumed this was the reduction reason.
My thought was this sink is for washing off your hands, fruit/veggies etc. Not for filling the sink to do dishes...

jq1031
05-19-2011, 10:13 AM
I think your pump pushing at longer or shorter cycles could be due to a few things & they're all natural. Air in the lines, distance, amount of water in the tank and a possible block in the filter screen in one or more of the faucets. My experience has been alot of pump cycling when the water tank is full & as it empties, the pump pressure levels out to a more steady cycle. Regarding city water it should be a uniform flow providing there are no blockages in the lines. As stated earlier a reduction in water line diameter to the outside shower could cause a reduced flow, however it should not be that significant! I've had four RV's and four boats all with water pumps and mine all acted the same. Hope that helps!

JRTJH
05-20-2011, 05:04 PM
Check the flow aerator on the bathroom faucet. Ours had a little bit of trash in it and after cleaning it worked much better. Our outside shower would barely dribble. I took the shower head off and removed the flow restrictor in the base. On looking inside it, there is a very small hole where the off/on push knob fits that had a little piece of plastic trash in it. I cleaned it out with a piece of coat hanger wire. It looked like a piece of twisted drill waste. After putting the flow restrictor back in and hooking it back up, all flows well.

Check your aerator and double check the shower head. In fact, you might just hook up the shower head from your inside shower to check and see if it helps, if it does, then start digging into your shower head. if not, go to the other end of the flex hose and start working back toward the pump.

rturriff7
05-25-2011, 04:02 PM
Cleaning the screens on the bathroom sink and outdoor kitchen sink helped. The outdoor shower was never an issue. Thanks all.