PDA

View Full Version : Inside bathroom vanity gets wet

ScotnBev
04-10-2017, 12:45 PM
In my 2015 Cougar 333MKS I get water on the shelf in the bathroom vanity. I have verified the sink and sink drain are not leaking. There is a pair of white pipes that come up through the floor and are connected together by some kind of white plastic cap. I suspect this is some kind of venting?

I haven't been able to isolate the exact scenario, but I suspect that how I am flushing the black water tank has something to do with it. There is no smell to the water in the cabinet, and the water is clear, but the only time I seem to find water in the cabinet is after I have flushed the black water tank.

Any ideas what these two white pipes and the funny cap are? How would they leak water?

14george
04-10-2017, 01:01 PM
Black tank flush check valve still under warranty take it back to dealer. Welcome to the fourm from W Va

PARAPTOR
04-10-2017, 01:10 PM
Black tank flush check valve still under warranty take it back to dealer. Welcome to the fourm from W Va

x2..... If you do not want to take rig back to dealer due to distance its an easy fix. Do a search on the forum for the part description which can be obtained in a local store.

BTW need to make sure you blow out the Black tank flush when you are winterizing. many posts of water freezing and cracking this valve. Just as reference info.

sourdough
04-10-2017, 02:18 PM
^^^^x3 - What they said.

JRTJH
04-10-2017, 03:08 PM
It may be the body of the anti-siphon valve that's leaking, but could also be one of the fittings that connect it to the PEX tubing. Usually, if the anti-siphon valve is cracked or freeze damaged, you'll know by the "gallons of water" spraying on the shelf. With your description, it may just be a loose fitting... There are two, both are "hand tightened" to the body of the valve. You might want to check the fittings, run some water through the black tank flush system and have someone with a flashlight standing by under the sink to watch for any leaks.

Here's a picture of the valve and fittings. Keep us posted on what you find. Good Luck.

ScotnBev
04-11-2017, 05:40 AM
The trailer is out of warranty, but its a repair I can handle. I was suspecting that was what the strange arrangement of pipes under the cabinet was, but wanted to hear from the experienced before taring into it. I'll post back in a few days exactly what the issue was.

slow
04-11-2017, 07:26 AM
Many of us have replaced the plastic back flow valve with an elbow and now use a brass backflow valve on our dedicated black tank flush hose. Something to consider doing as well.