PDA

View Full Version : Can we exchange the Keystone furniture?

Anne3358
04-07-2017, 11:00 AM
We're looking for a 2015/2016 Keystone Outback 316rl. We don't like the faux leather loveseat that comes with the trailer. We have a Lazy-boy loveseat (same dimension) we would like to use instead.

Looking at the door, can we really move out the old sofa and move in our loveseat? The door seems narrow. I have he same question for replacing the queen size mattress.

Thank you

Cbrez
04-07-2017, 12:48 PM
We replaced our king size mattress. No problem getting it through the door. I expect both your mattress and love seat were installed after the slides and therefor were passed through the door. Your kitchen counter may complicate the move though. For the love seat you want to install, measure it before you remove the existing one to make sure it fits.

hankpage
04-07-2017, 12:50 PM
On most furniture the backrest and legs come off so they will fit through narrow doorways. The mattress is a project but it can be bent and twisted in and out.

GrandBob
04-07-2017, 02:00 PM
We took out the dinette and replaced it with two recliners! Easy.
Grandbob

PARAPTOR
04-07-2017, 04:02 PM
Like the solution described in a previous post where a member was moving a washer or washer/dryer combination into the bedroom area of I think a Montana.
" Get two or three local football players":applause:

msubobcats
04-08-2017, 09:43 AM
This is good news. Since we will probably keep our unit, see sig, it has been an idea to replace our semi comfy couch sleeper with something much more comfy.
Question here: have you put in RV furniture or home furniture for the exchange???

Barbell
04-17-2017, 07:22 AM
When we bought our '14 Montana., we had the dealer exchange the huge, overstuffed sofa and recliners with the older style smaller furniture. The big stuff had to be dismantled to get through the door. On our 3100RL, you have to stow the recliners just so in order to clear the slides when they come in. The original recliners rock and swivel and were very hard for an old fart like me to move, which is the main reason for the exchange. Happy with what we got.