PDA

View Full Version : Swivel TV in Laredo 291TG

rturriff7
05-18-2011, 04:26 AM
So maybe I'm just an idiot but...

I can't figure out how to swivel my swivel TV from the bedroom to the "living" room. It is like they put in the wrong mounting hardware. I have seen and operated the swivel in a 2010 model at a dealer but can't get mine to move. The one that I operated had a pin in it and a box with the TV in one side and a mirror on the other swung around. Mine has no box per se. There is a post in the middle with the tv on one side and a board with a mirror on it on the other. Any suggestions?

DTJ9610
05-18-2011, 05:00 AM
We have the 303TG and it took a bit of pressure to turn it the first time. I can't remember which way though. I reached in and pushed on the panel, not the TV.

rturriff7
05-18-2011, 05:03 AM
Was there a pin or anything to remove?

coachtrav
05-18-2011, 07:11 AM
Takes a bit of force the first time but it will turn. I believe the side towards the passenger side of the trailer is the one you should push on .

rturriff7
05-18-2011, 08:13 AM
Thanks. I'll try that.

pollockd
05-18-2011, 08:39 AM
yes, it's just tight at start. push on right side of tv

DEW
05-18-2011, 04:37 PM
Yes mine is a little stiff too as you need to get it out of a 'detent'. I too push on the wood panel (not the TV).
As for what side to push, if I am in the living area and facing the TV, I push on the left hand side.

Since the wiring goes up the middle, you could probably move it either left or right (but I never tried moving it to the right.

coachtrav
05-20-2011, 06:29 AM
Went and checked it.. actually you need to push the left side of the tv when facing it. This is from the kitchen area not from the bedroom. Make sure the doors are closed or open(not in the way of the tv):D

rturriff7
05-23-2011, 09:56 PM
Thanks all. I got it to work. Guess I am an idiot after all.:(

tribalsimba
07-07-2011, 07:00 PM
Turns out the TV will only Swivel toward the door from the living room to the bedroom. Problem is that sometimes when in the living room, it would be nice to swivel the TV toward the couch a little to limit glare, increase viewing angle, etc...

Dealer said no go.

I removed TV; just pick up on it, it will easily slide up and out of it's mount. Remove all the cables and put the TV aside. Remove the four screws in the base plate of the swivel mount, and rotate the baseplate 180 degrees, and re attach with the screws. Re-mount TV, and you're all set. Just make sure you take up the slack in the cables so they don't get pinched when you swivel.

Of course make sure your bedroom doors are always closed (not open) when you want to slightly swivel the TV for viewing, just as you would when you swivel it all the way.

rturriff7
07-19-2011, 11:39 AM
Mine swivelled towards the couch to begin with. Glad it did.