PDA

View Full Version : Toilet paper rack

wgb1
05-15-2011, 05:01 PM
I was curious what others have done for a toilet paper rack. I was going to install one in the Bullet. The most obvious place is next to the toilet (of course) on the outside wall. I was afraid to drill into the wall. It feels very solid (it has no flex and feels and sounds solid)and unlike the interior wall next to the lav where I can feel the give in the wall and the location of a metal stud. Anyway, how can I install this rack in this wall........or other ideas?

badge4
05-16-2011, 02:57 AM
I had the same adversion to wanting to drill into the walls so we went to the nearest Bed, Bath and Beyond and pickd up a weighted pedestal style holder. Works great and can always be moved out of the way and tossed on the bed during transit.

Jay Pat
05-16-2011, 03:49 AM
In our Sprinter there is a little space to the side of the toilet. Going thru that space is the water line and it is a few inches off the floor.
My wife found a wicker type basket with a top lid that fits just right to hold toilet paper and spray. I stacked a few short 2x4s to hold the basket above the water line.
It's all just sitting there. No movement, yet......

GMcKenzie
05-16-2011, 05:33 AM
I had the same adversion to wanting to drill into the walls so we went to the nearest Bed, Bath and Beyond and pickd up a weighted pedestal style holder. Works great and can always be moved out of the way and tossed on the bed during transit.

This. Found a nice looking one at Wal Mart.

therink
05-16-2011, 06:44 AM
Two short wood screws to secure the holder to the luan backing will work and wont hurt the wall. I've always done thus with no issues.

Outbackmel
05-16-2011, 07:14 AM
I did the same. Found mine at WalMart. Works great for everyone. :D

5forcamping
05-16-2011, 10:09 AM
i installed ours to the inside of door under sink. just had to make sure i lined it up so that door closes and not pushing on any pipes.

Ruffus
05-16-2011, 01:02 PM
Get some Liquid Nails and glue a nice peace of wood on the outside wall then fasten you TP Holder to the wood! Problem solved!!!!

campingcpl
05-17-2011, 06:35 AM
The bathroom in our Sprinter has a cabinet that goes from the wall to the tub and has an access door next to the toilet to get to the plumbing. I took the access door off and put a piece of plywood behind it then screwed the holder to the access door. It's out of the way but easily accessable.

THedges
05-17-2011, 10:38 AM
The only place to mount the TP holder in our TT was in a place that a person would have to be a contortionist to use. After a lot of frustration we just decided not to use one. Now we just keep a roll in a cabinet that is with in "arms length" from the toilet and it has worked just fine.

wgb1
05-17-2011, 05:40 PM
The only place to mount the TP holder in our TT was in a place that a person would have to be a contortionist to use. After a lot of frustration we just decided not to use one. Now we just keep a roll in a cabinet that is with in "arms length" from the toilet and it has worked just fine.

That is exactly what we have been doing so far. The only place to reasonably mount one would be on the outside wall. I guess I could mount one to the back of the sliding door that separates the room with the toilet from the shower/lav area. I really don't even want to put holes in the new trailer, so I may use one of the other ideas. Thanks everybody!

wgb1
06-14-2011, 04:07 PM
Get some Liquid Nails and glue a nice peace of wood on the outside wall then fasten you TP Holder to the wood! Problem solved!!!!

Thanks to Ruffus for the idea. This is what I ended up doing to install our TP holder. This is also my first mod to our new TT......small as it may be.:D

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_14779_0_4f28316aa1ee2f41e39ba722e856f5ef.jpg

Copper Grier
06-26-2011, 07:13 AM
Many RV's, especially 5th Wheels, have metal lined walls for added durability. You may way to anchor some heavy duty magnets on the back of a toilet paper roll and just stick it to the wall at a "prime" location! Just an idea I got while reading your forum.