PDA

View Full Version : Keystone purchased back my 5th wheel

LI Happy amper
05-11-2011, 04:08 AM
I was having structural seperation problems from the frame with my 2010 Keystone Alpine. The first time it happened Keystone took my Alpine back to Indiana to their repair shop to fix the seperation. On the first trip out this season for Easter the sidewall structure seperated again from the frame. I took the Alpine to my dealer and they forwarded photos of the seperation to Keystone. After Keystone engineers looked over the photos it was determined it could not be permanantly repaired. Keystone is now in the process of giving me a collateral exchange which means they are purchasing my 2010 Alpine back from me and building me a new 2012 Alpine. I could not be happier with the response from Keystone customer service and the Keystone customer realtions President who during this whole process was always in contact with me every step of the way.:):):):)

antiqfreq
05-11-2011, 06:24 AM
Thanks for posting such a positive response from Keystone.

Please keep us informed in the future about your 2012 model.

Good luck and again, thanks for posting!

Jo

msp2jxr
05-12-2011, 12:22 PM
I am still waiting for my MKS 326 to be delivered. It was built May 3rd and we still don't have a Keystone. My wife and I ordered the trailer Feb 22nd. Very glad to hear Keystone is standing behind their products.

The Sod Father
05-16-2011, 01:23 PM
RE: late delivery - from what I have heard and read, the big challenge right now is getting drivers to deliver trailers. I know a guy who was waiting for his Jayco 5er for over 2 months. It turns out the 5er was built and sitting on the lot in Indiana waiting for a driver. He was in a heated discussion between the dealer and Jayco and arguing that it would be easier for him to just drive to Indiana from New York, pick up the rig, take it to the dealer for PDI and prep and be done with it. At that point, someone fro Jayco stepped up and move the 5er to the front of the line for delivery.

LI Happy amper
05-17-2011, 10:01 AM
Thats what is hopefully happening to mine. I have been without my Alpine since november except for the 10 day trip to Myrtle Beach. The Keystone customer relations President said he is moving my unit to the front of the delivery list. We shall see hopefully this is true!!!

jq1031
05-17-2011, 12:25 PM
RE: late delivery - from what I have heard and read, the big challenge right now is getting drivers to deliver trailers. I know a guy who was waiting for his Jayco 5er for over 2 months. It turns out the 5er was built and sitting on the lot in Indiana waiting for a driver. He was in a heated discussion between the dealer and Jayco and arguing that it would be easier for him to just drive to Indiana from New York, pick up the rig, take it to the dealer for PDI and prep and be done with it. At that point, someone fro Jayco stepped up and move the 5er to the front of the line for delivery.

That is exactly what I did, drove from Florida in late March to Indiana. My Florida dealer made arrangement with D&T RV Repair & Transport in Goshen to do the PDI and deliver the unit. I spent 3 nights in Goshen to get a few bugs out & then back to Florida after a week in St. Louis visiting family. I saved $1600 in transport charges & had a vacation ( a cold one I might add) also.

mikell
06-03-2011, 12:29 PM
We had 2 guys deliver a new camper for a traveling evangelist to our park yesterday. Were less than 2 hours from mopst companies and the guy had to hire someone to deliver it for him because it would have taken aother 2 weeks for the dealer to get somebody lined up