PDA

View Full Version : NO power

oldfamer
05-09-2011, 11:49 AM
I have a 2008 Laredo and the breaker for the inside receptacle keeps tripping. I have nothing plugged into any of them. When I check them with a ohm meter (power off) my meter show an open circuit. Tonight I'm going to try and move the wire from that breaker to a didfferent on. Has anyone run across this problem before?

Thanks
Paul

Bob Landry
05-09-2011, 01:30 PM
If you have replaced an outlet, go back and recheck your work. Reverse polarity is a possibility. You didn't say if it was a breaker that supplies a GFCI plug. Those go bad also. Just go back and recheck any work that you may have done before it started happening. You might also have a defective breaker in the converter, but it's pretty rare for them to trip with no load on them. Just throwing out some possibilities.

oldfamer
05-10-2011, 05:20 AM
I figured out my problem. I took the cover of the converter panel. The converter is on the same breaker as all the outlets. I removed the converter wire and everything else works. I took the converter out put on bench and hooked up to 120v. The breaker tripped right away. I hope the dealer will send me a new one because it 70 miles one way to the dealer.

Thanks
Paul