PDA

View Full Version : 12 Volt for ShurFlo Fan????

Ruffus
04-27-2011, 05:37 PM
Okay wise people, I want to put a Shur Flo fan in the bedroom area in my fifth wheel. There is 120 Volt wires for another A/C unit about three inches away from the vent. The fan however is a 12 Volt, without pulling the vent off can anyone tell me if there is a 12 volt connection in the vent area? I think there should be since there is a light on either side of the vent, just wondering?
Thanks in advance!!!!!:confused:

KanTC
04-27-2011, 06:35 PM
Jim,

In our current (& previous) 5th wheel we had the existing over-head bedroom vent replaced with a 12-volt fan. Dealership did the job as part of the sales agreement, so I can't help much with specifics, but I do know --

Previous FW was 50 amp (wired for 2nd a/c) and our Laredo is 30 amp. Each time, power for the fan (2 different brands) was accessed at a nearby 12-volt light. Obviously the service tech's are more familiar with the wiring, but 2 different dealers/tech's and they were each done in no time - which gives the impression that it wasn't a tedious task! No disrespect intended toward the service tech's, of course! ;)

Hope this helps... at least a little,

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot [& DH Kevin] :)