PDA

View Full Version : Portable Waste Tank storage.

DTJ9610
04-21-2011, 11:36 AM
I have a Laredo 303TG and am looking for ideas on where to store the portable wast tank for transport. I'm trying to avoid having it in the bed of the truck and I don't have a ladder or any under belly opening with the covered bottom. Any other suggestions. Pictures would also be greatly appreciated.

tribalsimba
04-21-2011, 04:51 PM
Consider mounting a platform or diamond plate tool box to the rear bumper? Jayco has an 'extend-a-platform' on the rear of their TT's which is really sweet; but not an option on the Laredo's.

WaitingToRetire
06-25-2011, 09:16 PM
I have read on other posts and forums an idea that I really like and will be trying out myself, as I don't like the thing taking up the space in the bed of the pickup:

Get a used hand truck/dolly (appliance dolly) and mount it with U-bolts (or weld it, if you have the means) to the bumper of the TT. The platform of the dolly serves as the base for the tote tank to rest on, vertically. You then secure it with bungee cords or ratchet straps to the upper portion of the dolly. The link below should explain it better than I did.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/FFnKQRNEHPBUknp72IwWgQ?feat=embedwebsite

Chad

DTJ9610
07-11-2011, 07:37 AM
I was looking at doing something like that. Does anyone know of the weight rating for the bumpers. I have a Laredo 303TG and it already has the spare and the grill rack on it.

If it comes down to it, I'd rather have the spare in the truck bed than the waste tote.

Beachnut
07-17-2011, 09:45 AM
Not too sure this will help....

My wife and I wilderness dry camp. We learned that if we use the trailer toilet we can only stay about a week before the black tank is full. So we took the porta potty that we had from our previous tent trailer, and use it for ALL liquids, and the trailer toilet for solids, which gave us the ability to stay 3+ weeks before having to dump the black tank. The porta potty is easily taken away from the camp and emptied into a forestry vault toilet if available, or in the wilds that we are usually camped in. It sure beats having to haul all of the liquids and solids home with you!:)

Beachnut