PDA

View Full Version : Where to store that @&$% ladder?

jimzdat
04-11-2011, 05:36 PM
OK, I give up - on our 360, the roof access ladder is designed to hang off the left side of the trailer, and is just pinned in place when you need to use it. The rest of the time, I have a huge ladder that takes up space - I'm not sure it would stay put very well if I left it on the side.

Anyone figured out a good place to stash it, but still have it available if needed?

The bunk ladders I can always put in the loft, but not ideal - always worry about it hitting the window....

mrxlh
04-12-2011, 12:44 PM
I leave mine on. In 4 trips it has not come off yet, nor proven to be in the way on the side.

Me.Bikes.Dogs
04-13-2011, 09:03 AM
I leave mine on but I have caught it and broke the bottom two rungs. I've thought about getting a telescoping ladder (http://www.gorvladder.com/index.html) instead. I could use it all around the trailer.

linebiker
04-14-2011, 04:02 AM
Keep mine in garage strapped at angle on side...have to remove to lower beds down, but thats ok.

SJMcKee
04-14-2011, 05:16 AM
It is a pain to deal with, and don't want to leave it behind. I was told by the dealer that it was illegal to leave it on during travel due to the overall width of the trailer. Guess their afraid a semi or big vehicle will clip it.
Has anyone else gotten the same answer.??

Anyway I deal with it till I stop then pull it out and hang it on the side, not even pinning it.

Agent 405
04-16-2011, 05:18 AM
I have been thinking about hanging it on the outside of the ramp door when I'm on the road. Then moving it back to the side when parked.

hoffbrew
04-19-2011, 08:10 AM
I use to take it on and off....on and off... what a pain it is so I just leave it on and have had zero problems. If trailer is going to sit for awhile I do take it off and set it inside just so ladder doesn't fade and/or rust.

rwdl60
04-22-2011, 01:39 PM
I mounted mine inside using bungies cords and a cabinet bracket.

I have a 1/2 garage, so theirs more stuff to hang it from.

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_11979_0_a20305740d17ec1d510014a360db26fc.jpg

By the way, just this week 4/15/11 , it looks like keystone will not longer make the 3602. I guess I have a classic now :rolleyes:

joestaz
05-04-2011, 01:35 PM
I leave the ladder home and carry in the bed of my truck a fold up ladder like the giant brand

MichiganMarty
07-20-2011, 05:10 PM
I just asked the same question. I would like to fabricate some brackets to hang it in the garage of my 3712TS. The brackets would need to let the ladder clear the rear window shades to avoid damaging them during travel.

But I need to find out where the aluminum studs are in the walls.

:confused:

sman12345
08-09-2011, 06:53 AM
I cut mine in half, inserted a 10" 7/8" cold rolled steel tube into each pipe on the lower half of the ladder. Drilled hole through ladder and cold rolled steel tube for each pipe on the lower half of ladder. Installed two quick pins into the pipes to hold the cold rolled steel into the lower half of the ladder.

This leaves about 5" of cold rolled steel sticking out above the bottom half of the ladder. Just slip the top half of the ladder on when you want to climb on the roof.

Can now store ladder easy in two 5' pieces.

Htfiremedic
10-27-2012, 08:03 PM
My 322 TE2 has the side ladder as well, how well as the ladder mod help up?

nuskovich
11-02-2012, 07:34 AM
I purchased my Raptor used and saw that the previous owner stashed his above the rear axles with bungies. Too dirty for me though.

Looking for a better alternative and/or replacement.

BRAPOM
11-02-2012, 05:27 PM
Just picked up my 365 velocity and the ladder is mounted to the l/s on brackets that allow the ladder to stow against the side. Feels much studrier that my last 365. Looks like it could be mounted on older models

crash
11-06-2012, 03:27 AM
We have a 2012 384pk and we just leave our ladder on the side ,we have been out 10 times with it already in 5 months and havent had any problems with it.

aburns20
12-20-2012, 09:15 AM
It is a pain to deal with, and don't want to leave it behind. I was told by the dealer that it was illegal to leave it on during travel due to the overall width of the trailer. Guess their afraid a semi or big vehicle will clip it.
Has anyone else gotten the same answer.??

Anyway I deal with it till I stop then pull it out and hang it on the side, not even pinning it.

The dealer, RV Wholesale in Danville, Va, told me the same thing about it being illegal to leave the ladder on during travel. As a note, I have yet to take it off and stow it is the garage.;)

T11ravis
12-20-2012, 10:09 AM
I cut mine in half, inserted a 10" 7/8" cold rolled steel tube into each pipe on the lower half of the ladder. Drilled hole through ladder and cold rolled steel tube for each pipe on the lower half of ladder. Installed two quick pins into the pipes to hold the cold rolled steel into the lower half of the ladder.

This leaves about 5" of cold rolled steel sticking out above the bottom half of the ladder. Just slip the top half of the ladder on when you want to climb on the roof.

Can now store ladder easy in two 5' pieces.

Great idea.
I'm gonna do this mod this weekend.

JoeofNSB
12-20-2012, 11:52 AM
I did the same thing to my ladder about a month ago and I'm very happy with it. Much easier to handle and store. Going to add a flagpole mount to the top section so it will be even easier to fly the red, white and blue!!!!

MConnelly
12-27-2012, 05:51 PM
I bought a collapsable ladder off of ebay. I can reach anywhere on my 403 with it. Inside or out. I don't remember exactly how much it cost my guess $150.00 or less. It is the only ladder I carry.

T11ravis
12-31-2012, 01:25 PM
Great idea.
I'm gonna do this mod this weekend.

Finally took a pic:
http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_59709_0_5ac586b79daefc3d30c7c014072e961d.jpg

Me.Bikes.Dogs
01-01-2013, 02:45 PM
Got rid of my external ladder and replaced it with a telescoping ladder I keep in the lower cargo area. I use it to wash and wax the outside of the trailer, get on the roof, and clean off the slide outs. It does so much more than that little fixed ladder on the side of the trailer. Glad I got rid of it!!

I'm a little surprised that RV manufacturers still put them on when other alternatives work so much better.