PDA

View Full Version : TV Connection to Audio

wozzukes
04-11-2011, 09:52 AM
Just thought I'd chime in on my findings regarding the tv not being connected to the sound system. I thought the same thing in our trailer so I took off to the TV to find a cable plugged into the audio out on it. So then I thought ok, they never connected it to the radio so I took the face plate off, unscrewed the thing and took it out only to find it WAS connected, even though audio from the TV still wasn't coming out of the stereo speakers. I then went into the audio setup on the TV only to find that you have to turn the TV speakers OFF in order to get audio through the output jacks and through the stereo. I find this very odd and annoying, but it's a TV thing and not a Keystone thing. We have a Sharp Aquos in our rig. You might want to check that out if you haven't already gone through all the steps I did!

Handysam
04-11-2011, 10:13 AM
Duhhh, I knew that, just kidding:D Thats the kind of great info. needed here. I read a couple of posts about people having trouble with various keystones, and I assumed what you said about a plug in missing somewhere. I have not checked on ours yet but now you make it simple for all to check. Thanks for the info. Happy Camping, Sam

Wing-in-it
04-11-2011, 01:07 PM
Ours has an "LG" tv & I'm the opposite of you....I prefer the TV only to come through the tv & not the surround sound. The dealer told me that's the way it is.....I said "BS" & found a earphone jack on the tv that was hooked into the Jensen system....I unplugged the jack & now the tv works on TV only. I only use the surround sound when watcing a DVD!

Mark

KanTC
04-11-2011, 02:07 PM
Ours is a Jensen TV & Jensen DVD/CD/MP3/Radio -- can switch between TV (sound) and surround sound with the radio remote. Not sure what's plugged-in or unplugged on ours :o but it works. :D

I'll ask DH to check it, if anyone needs specific info. ;)

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot :)

wgb1
04-11-2011, 05:05 PM
Ours is a Jensen TV & Jensen DVD/CD/MP3/Radio -- can switch between TV (sound) and surround sound with the radio remote. Not sure what's plugged-in or unplugged on ours :o but it works. :D

I'll ask DH to check it, if anyone needs specific info. ;)

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot :)

We have the Jensen also and tried to play a Netflix bluray disc over the weekend, but it would not play. Will the Jensen set-up not play bluray disc? Any other DVDs that were not bluray worked fine.

Festus2
04-11-2011, 06:37 PM
Some of the newer Blu Ray DVD's will not play on "older" Blu Ray players. From what I understand, the older players cannot pick up some of the new features or ???? that are now a part of the latest Blu Ray DVD's and are unable to "read" them. You might want to see if there is an update or download available for your Jensen.

ktmracer
04-11-2011, 07:00 PM
We have the Jensen also and tried to play a Netflix bluray disc over the weekend, but it would not play. Will the Jensen set-up not play bluray disc? Any other DVDs that were not bluray worked fine.

the jensen stereo/DVD player is not a blu-ray DVD player, only std DVD's.

cdevill
04-15-2011, 09:33 AM
I purchased an IPOD connector cable for ours, the Jensen has the cable to plug the adapter I bought into it but it was just short enough that you couldn't fish it through the hole with the other cables. I ended up having to pull the unit out, plug the cable in then run it through the hole and reinstall. Works great though, put a nice long playlist on it and turn it on the outside speakers for light music all day.

08limited
04-19-2011, 03:07 AM
I tried to hook up my Toshiba TV and Jensen sound system this weekend and it began chirping. I hooked TV to a portable radio and there was no chirping and portable radio put out sound, I then hook up the Jensen to portable radio and had no issue. Anyone had this same issue?

Corey

ehammar
09-01-2011, 12:39 PM
plugged jumper from tv ear phone to aux on jensen system ;)

cnelson
11-03-2011, 07:41 AM
We have a LG TV and the Jensen entertainment center. Does anyone know how to play the TV through the Jensen Entertainment center? There is only one audio out on the tv and it is an optical plug and the Jensen doesn't have an optical.

JRTJH
11-03-2011, 09:15 AM
Our LG tv (26") has an earphone connection on the back. As you're looking at the TV, it would be behind the set on the left center section. We have a connection on the back of the Jensen for AUX 1 and I plugged the 2 RCA audio jacks into that input and when we want surround sound, we plug in the earphone jack. Of course the Jensen has to be set to AUX 1 and the volume on the TV must be at least "midrange" and then you can control the volume with the Jensen.

Pajoder
11-09-2011, 06:06 AM

The Jenses system that comes with these campers does not play blueray disc, however, the TV does have VGA connection. using a VGA cable, I connected my computer to the TV and watch blueray movies from the computer, Netflix movies, or use it as a second monitor.
Hope this work
Happy Camping!!!

Pajoder
11-09-2011, 06:11 AM

The Jensen system that comes with these campers does not play blueray disc, however, the TV does have VGA connection. using a VGA cable, I connected my computer to the TV and watch blueray movies from the computer, Netflix movies, or use it as a second monitor.
Hope this works for you.
Happy Camping!!!

felge
03-02-2014, 11:49 AM
I tried to hook up my Toshiba TV and Jensen sound system Aux 1 and it began chirping. Anyone had this same issue?

Jim Dow
03-02-2014, 06:32 PM
Get a CANZ 808 speaker (bluetooth) for the iPhone/iPad and you'll be fine both inside and outside.

Get it at Walmart for $19.

Steve S
03-02-2014, 10:42 PM
I think one of the first things I did when I got the trailer was to fire the Jensen TV out the door as I knew it would be a headache and replaced it with a Toshiba.
I added my own Blu-ray and surround as the Jensen stereo seems to have a mind of its own and the quality really is on the low side.
I also download movies to a stick and just plug it in to the TV and it's all HD.