PDA

View Full Version : Slide Seals

chuck&gail
04-09-2011, 04:18 PM
Ok, be gentle. Although we have towed various TT's almost 200,000 miles, this is the first one we've had with a slideout. Our slideout goes out the rear, and has the bed in it. Our TT is a model 230RS. We really love it.

I've been reading the posts on slideout seal lube. Where is this seal? Is it just the rubber strip that is easily seen on the outside of the trailer, rubbing the slide? Or are the seals buried under there somewhere? If they are hidden, how do you get to them?

If it is just the rubber strips, do you put 303 (or whatever) on both sides of the strip, or just the outside Furthermore how do you do the strip on the top, do you sit on the slideout roof, or climb up on the TT roof and lean over?

Handysam
04-09-2011, 07:28 PM
Chuck, to answer the first question, yes its the rubber strips down the sides and on top of the slide out on the outside. Second, yes do both sides of the strips, 303 is fine. Third, yes you will have to get on the roof, assuming you have a ladder on the back, and lean over the slide to do the top strip. Make sure your shoes are free of debris before walking on the roof. I make it a habit to actually take my shoes off once I get to the top on the roof. Happy Camping, Sam