PDA

View Full Version : 408/12 Dallas-Ft. Worth

gearhead
01-24-2016, 06:18 PM
Went northbound on 408/12 on Sunday Jan 10. Avoid at all costs. Construction with very narrow lanes and Jersey barricades. On a nice dry Sunday I saw a wrecked Ford pickup on top of the barricades. Traffic backed up behind it for miles with no exits. I took I-35 through downtown Dallas on the return.

sourdough
01-25-2016, 05:30 PM
I've spent LOTS of time driving in "Dallas"....Ft. Worth, Dallas, N. Dallas, S. Dallas etc. From the 70.s until now. I've never lived there but our corporate offices were there, it was on the way to "wherever" seems like, my kids have lived in the "metropolis" for decades. All I can say is...don't.

Whether it's 35 (EorW), 820, 30, 635, 412, 183, 121 et.al....it doesn't matter. "Dallas" is now so screwed up with their highway system that it is virtually impossible to have an uneventful trip traveling within the perimeter of the "Dallas/Ft. Worth" area.

Pulling my RV I dodge the entire area unless I can use I20 going thru Ft. Worth and head on out East. I told my son this past year that my visits would become much more infrequent - I just won't put myself and my wife in harm's way dealing with rafts of fools. We took the MIL for Thanksgiving to my son's home in Lewisville; after being run off the road, stopped still in traffic for hours etc...both ways, she said "I love my Johnny so much but I won't ever come back here". My sentiments exactly.

gearhead
01-30-2016, 01:56 PM
Yeah, I think next time I'll just take the 635 loop around the east side of Dallas and then old 75 to Tulsa. A few stoplights in the small towns, but I'll take that over Dallas madness. Or take 259/271 through east Texas like Google wants me to.