PDA

View Full Version : Springdale 311RE dead in the water

popsshop
01-01-2016, 11:24 AM
Yes, folks, my 10 hour old Keystone Springdale 311RE died. We picked up our new coach at Camping World Chattanooga at approximately 4PM. Hooked it up, transferred 12 years of junk from our Coachmen over to our brand new Springdale. After a long day, we turned in around 10PM. About a half an hour aftrer we turned in, we hear a bang but did not "feel" the bang.

We went back to sleep not thinking much about it. Welllllllllllllll, we woke up about 9AM this morning to a 38 degree inside tempurature. Didn't have too many good words to say. Fortunately, the place we bought it is only a few miles away. Got in the truck, headed over there, talked with the sales force and they said to head back to the trailer. Took his advice. About 10 minutes I got back, Camping World showed up. Diagnosed the problem, replaced inverter, checked out everything else and left.

We are back in business - love the trailer. Super pleased with the quick service.

The above is true and I'm sticking with it.

chuckster57
01-01-2016, 12:00 PM
That's great service!! For the record it was the converter that blew not the inverter.

CONVERTER changes 120VAC to 12VDC
INVERTER changes 12VDC to 110VAC

CaptnJohn
01-01-2016, 05:14 PM
Sorry you woke up to a cold morning. Great it was quickly repaired! Our last 2 coach purchases have come from CW in Myrtle Beach and we have been happy with everyone there.

notanlines
01-02-2016, 03:50 AM
Pops, how about a big holiday shout out to CW of Chattanooga! Now that's the way business should be run. Hope you get years of service out of your new rig.

BirchyBoy
01-02-2016, 06:29 AM
That is pretty incredible service! Enjoy the new trailer

gearhead
01-17-2016, 06:40 PM
YES SIR! Way to go CW.
They have a decent campground at the Chattanooga CW. Even has trees!

popsshop
02-18-2016, 07:00 PM
Hey guys - thanks for the shout outs - a little more to add to the saga. Got ready to leave for home and saw a shiney thing in one of the tires. Took it back to CW - was told they would probably replace the tire since I had only 3 miles on the rig. Well, they decided to "repair" the tire with a promise that the patch will last longer than the trailer will. The patch lasted until we got home in Atlanta ! ! ! ! Flat tire - patch installed improperly. Oh, well, such is the life of an RVer, right?

Gearhead - the campground there at the CW was basically under water because of the heavy rains that had been occurring around there. We are learning more about our RV and finding out what we need to do to it in order to make it OURS totally. Still love it.

Be super glad when we really get it on the road for an extended period (just short trips until June). Home is going to be where we park it.