PDA

View Full Version : New tailgate

jje1960
04-03-2011, 01:52 AM
Put the new tailgate on the truck today, got tired of worrying about it slicing into the front of the fifth wheel while hooking-up. With the original (now expensive original piece of metal sitting in my shed...) it had to be lowered to hook-up, then worry if I was off angle enough to poke the corner into the front of the unit. Issue solved with this Strongberg-Carlson reasonable replacement. Very little adjustment needed to get the gate to match the lines, happy with the purchase.

Herap
04-03-2011, 01:38 PM
Great looking setup. Now I'm envious!!!

hankpage
04-03-2011, 03:51 PM
Put the new tailgate on the truck today, got tired of worrying about it slicing into the front of the fifth wheel while hooking-up. With the original (now expensive original piece of metal sitting in my shed...) it had to be lowered to hook-up, then worry if I was off angle enough to poke the corner into the front of the unit. Issue solved with this Strongberg-Carlson reasonable replacement. Very little adjustment needed to get the gate to match the lines, happy with the purchase.

I put one of their ABS models on about five years ago. They make a quality gate for the $$$$ and that expensive piece of scrap metal is still in my shed. :rolleyes: You will not regret it, Hank

cumminsdad08
04-03-2011, 05:47 PM
Hey that "scrap metel" could turn a profit fast if you know the right people. we are constanly tearing up tale gates at work, backing into things with it down and such, you could easy sell them to make some cash back. just an idea. anyhow looks really good on there. and now you get "show off" your hitch too:D

jje1960
04-04-2011, 03:42 PM
Hey that "scrap metel" could turn a profit fast if you know the right people. we are constanly tearing up tale gates at work, backing into things with it down and such, you could easy sell them to make some cash back. just an idea. anyhow looks really good on there. and now you get "show off" your hitch too:D

I hear that.... to me it's no family heirloom that's for sure. Brand new 2011 F350 Tailgate forsale, white with nice expensive LINE-X coating on the inside! Bet I kick it around in the shed for the next 15years....

cumminsdad08
04-05-2011, 01:20 PM
hey put it on that craigslist, we have been selling things like crazy the last couple of days, you would be suprised at what people are looking for.:D