PDA

View Full Version : clean water

zukafire
03-31-2011, 02:15 PM
I just got a 2001 bobcat and I want to clean the fresh water system out. Now according to the previous owner they never used the water system in, but when I was cleaning everything up there looked to be some water and antifreeze in the lines. What can I do to make the system safe to use again.

Festus2
03-31-2011, 03:01 PM
To make your water system usable again..........
1) Find and open up your low point drains and let all existing water and pink antifreeze drain out.
2) Once the lines are clear, screw the caps back on. Make sure your water pump lines and any others are properly connected.
3) You can hook up to "city" water and start going through your unit - one set of taps at a time and running clean water through the lines flushing out any remaining pink stuff as well as any water that has been sitting in the lines over the winter.
4) Pour some bleach into your fresh water tank and fill this tank with clean water.
5) Let it sit for a while and then drain it out - open the spigot or tap on the tank letting most of the water drain out. You can turn the taps on and run the pump to get rid of the remaining small amount of water.
6) Keep flushing the lines until there is no taste/smell of bleach in the water. You might have to add a bit more fresh water to the tank.

You shouldn't have to do anything to the HW tank other than refill it with clean water as it won't have any pink antifreeze in it ( or it shouldn't have).

zukafire
03-31-2011, 03:21 PM
Ok thanks. Now all I need is it to stop snowing:p